Twenty

The training started as soon as possible. Today was Melissa's turn to train. Melissa, being the Sender, she has the ability to teleport. It is different for Melissa. Although she is the Sender, she only gave the souls to Reapers for them to complete the job.

The only thing she can do is bound a soul to her until she wants to release it. I don't know how she didn't manage to test this ability before. She probably tried but never knew how to do it. Teleportation sounds more difficult than it sounds and I could understand why Melissa wasn't able to do it.

It has been the eighth attempt for Melissa to try and teleport across the room. We have tried different methods and each one failed. Isaac tried to teach her the way he does when trying to wipe the memory of someone. Says how he thinks of the certain memory he wants erased and just wipes it away. Even Isaac, he thinks about the person he wants to see and allow his body to look for it without concentrating too hard on it. But it didn't work, everything we tried to do, didn't work.

I even tried the way I did when I was seeking Lucan's voice. I told her to concentrate on the place she wanted to be and only think of that place but it didn't work.

"Each one of us are different and unique in our own way. The way we use our powers will be different for each of us," I tell Melissa as we were in the training room. Isaac, Jaxon and Lucan were sitting in the corner already exhausted while trying to use different methods Melissa could use. Melissa remains standing in the centre of the room. "You need to figure out how to use your powers, in your own unique way."

"It's easier said than done," Melissa mutters.

I suck in my cheeks, "I know," I say. "But think Melissa. This book says that you should be able to teleport places. You are the element of air; you should breeze along with it."

It was strange working with them, trying to train another person when we don't know how to use the powers ourselves. Each one of us are different and unique in our own way. The only way we're able to attempt to train is using the book. A long history of what we are able to do and how we were created.

Melissa shrugs, "I don't know what air feels like," she points out. None of us would know but there has to be some correlation between the two. Air is her element, so there has to be some sort of link between her powers to teleport and the element of air.

"Try thinking that you are the air," I suggest. "Think of going to the other side of the room with your mind and imagine that you are the wind, travelling there."

Melissa looks at me with a blank expression, "Like the wind?" she asks, as though I am crazy.

"Do you have any better ideas?" I cross my arms.

Jaxon groans, "What does air make you feel? When wind is blown on you, how do you feel?" Jaxon asks suddenly.

"Uh," Melissa pauses. "I guess relaxed."

"Don't need to tell me. Just think it in your mind," Jaxon says. "Try to feel what you feel when you feel the wind. Replicate that feeling right now," he says in a soft voice.

Jaxon is now standing and slowly walking towards Melissa. He is slowly circling her, watching her every movement. Melissa's eyes are closed and the concentration is evident on her expression. I take a few steps back, allowing Jaxon to do the work as I observe.

"Take in long and deep breaths. Remember, you have all the time in the world," Jaxon whispers.

"Okay," Melissa whispers back.

Jaxon nods with approval, "Good. Now, think of the place you want to go to. Don't look at it, but imagine it," he says. Jaxon now stands behind her, their bodies a foot apart. Jaxon's voice is soft and enticing now as he speaks to Melissa.