Eighteen

It's been a week since I talked to the Reaper.

It's been a month since I woke up from the dead.

It's been more than a week since I found out that I'm the Whisperer.

Everything was a plan. My death was intentional – it was a part of a plan. Was me coming to Havenwood also part of the plan. Was the soul sucker the cause of Brian's actions? How were they able to play everything to their benefit? The whole week, I barely left the house, except for school. I barely spoke to Lucan nor Isaac. I don't know what came over me but I still feel uncomfortable around them two.

I've been doing individual research on Abraham Donovan. Draven said he is linked to all of this and I can't find out how. There is barely any information about him on the internet. Only thing I was able to gather from the internet was the same things I already knew. That he has the architect of nearly every single valued building in Havenwood which is not many. That is the problem with small towns in Australia, that they don't have much history. It's still a young, discovered country.

"I had another strange dream last night," Dani tells me.

"What was this one about?" I ask. I've been too distracted to properly pay attention to Dani for the past hour. Last week onwards she has been telling me about her strange dreams about a man wearing a black cloak.

"It was different this time." I'm not looking at Dani. I'm looking at my hand, trying to forget about Abraham Donovan. "It was still the same man in the black cloak but this time I was able to see his eyes. They were glowing yellow. I didn't feel scared like I thought I would, but rather, I was actually feeling connected."

Abraham Donovan keeps coming back into my mind no matter how hard I try to forget about him. The same question repeating in my mind. How is he involved with any of this? How is he linked? What does he got to do?

"That is strange," I mutter, still distracted.

"Are you okay?" Dani asks.

I finally look at her and notice the annoyance in her eyes. I smile apologetically, "I'm sorry. I just have a lot of things going through my mind," I tell her honestly.

"Does this have to do something with the fate, destiny thing?" Dani suggests.

I force a smile, "Not really."

"Okay. Is it anything I can help you with then?"

I shouldn't involve Dani in any of this. She has been a good friend and she shouldn't be involved in a burden like this. She isn't like any of us and I envy her for that.

"Can you tell me some things about Abraham Donovan?" I ask.

Dani frowns but answers anyways. "Okay. He did die about one hundred years ago on the day of Halloween. He was hanged," she says.

I already know that. "Anything else?"

She inhales, "Ah, he did design nearly all the favoured buildings in town," she answers.

I knew that too. "Anything else? Something that may not sound fascinating and irrelevant but you know of?" I ask.

She purses her lips, "Well, he was hanged on the place where the Church is now. The Church was not made that time, it was made a few years after he died."

The church? I also died in the Church. Is that the link? Did those creatures purposely kill me on the land that Abraham Donovan died as well?

Abruptly, I feel a hand grasp my arm and pulls me up. I yelp with shock and fear. I look at the person and stare into brown eyes. "Hey, back off Pearson," Dani growls.