Twenty-Two

It's quiet and empty.

I look down the hallway and I don't recognise where I am. The walls and floors are off-white, multiple doors every couple of metres away from each other and the air is dry. Despite that, everything I look at, the edges of my view are dark. Like there is a dark shadow.

All I can tell is that I'm not in Havenwood. I slowly walk down the hallway, cautiously. Draven took me to some place and now I feel trapped. Each step I take is as quiet as the beating of my heart. I couldn't hear myself breathe nor walk. It's as though I'm the ghost here. My immediate thought is that I'm in the Ghost Realm but something about this place seems too familiar.

I hear door swings open and my head snaps to my left. I see a man wearing a black cloak striding into the hallway. He walks past me and doesn't acknowledge my presence. It's as though he can't even see me.

I suddenly feel a pull to follow him. He walks down the hallway as silent as night, striding down the hallway without grabbing anyone's attention except for mine. We pass the nurse that is sitting at the desk but she doesn't notice me or the man in front of me. I immediately recognise where I am. I'm in a hospital.

The man walks pass her in his dark clothing that stands out against the pale, light colours of the hospital. At the end of the hallway, the elevator door opens automatically. The mysterious man walks into the small box and I follow behind him. I can see this man didn't want to capture anyone's attention. He didn't want anyone to know that he's here, he preferred that no one would know of his existence. But as I look at him, I begin to realise he doesn't look like a man.

His cold, expressionless features make him look less like a human than anything. Is this the man Draven is telling me to find? This man wearing the black cloak. Could he be the Draguis? Deep down, he didn't seem like the soul sucker Draven warned me about. There is something about him that shows an angelic aura but yet he reeked of death. Looking at the determination on his face, I could tell he is here for one thing and one thing only. He couldn't care about anything else.

The elevator door opens and he strides out of the box. I notice we are in the paediatrics ward of the hospital. I watch as he walks. Although I can see his feet walking, he looks as though he was floating while walking.

Out of all the people in the hospital, only one man notices this mysterious man's presence. I look at the man and notice it's Draven. This must be Draven's memory. I stare at Draven's expression and notice his shock. What is Draven doing here in the hospital?

"Sire, what are you doing here? How did you manage to pass through the Gates?" he asks suddenly. Gates? I stare at this man and realised that this had to be the Draguis. He escaped the Gates and he is roaming around Earth. I stare at the Draguis in the face and try to learn his features. I didn't recognise this man but he looked so familiar.

The man ignored Draven and turned to look pass through an indoor window. His black eyes are too fixated on something in the nursery room. I follow his line of sight to the multiple baby cribs. New born babies. What was he going to do? I realise this is what he was doing here. He is here for a baby.

"Sire, please, I ask again. How did you get here?" Draven begs.

Draven works for him? He is calling him sire and that only meant one thing. He works for this Draguis. Reapers are bound to follow the instructions of a demon or Angel that commands them. This Draguis got Draven wrapped around his finger. He wants to open the Gates of Hell. But if Draven wanted the Gates to be open, then why would he be showing me this? Why would he show me that he is the bad guy?

"Quiet Draven, you'll wake up the children," the man speaks for the first time. Draven seems astonished to hear what this man had to say. It's clear that Draven didn't expect this man to care about waking up new born babies.