Nine

What Melissa, the librarian, said yesterday made sense. Everyone who has seen the ghost knew the person before they passed away – they could have easily hallucinated them or they saw a light and their mind played tricks on them. My situation is much more different than theirs. I never knew Reyna was dead and thought she was a human. I saw her around school, talking to me and even showed me around. How was I supposed to know where half my classes without Reyna as a guide when I never came to the school before or had a map? How would I know so much information about multiple things about Havenwood if Reyna was fake?

I honestly rather wish that I'm going crazy and just seeing things. Hallucinating things. But no, I am seeing something that no one is able to see. Gathering information from this thing; information that I wouldn't have known unless I researched it or someone else told me. It's harder to believe that Reyna is a figment of my imagination. Every time I think about it, the only thing that makes sense is that she is a ghost and only I'm able to see and speak to her.

But I'm not the only one. Lucan can also see her.

My eyes find Lucan sitting in the cafeteria at his usual table. He and Isaac sit together. Lucan ignores every word Isaac tells him while Isaac doesn't care of Lucan's disinterest.

"You're Senera, right?" I hear. I turn and spot two girls standing in front of me, their shoulders touching as they smile enthusiastically at me.

I frown, "Yeah."

One of the girls' giggle. The taller girl, with long light hair and a large smile speaks, "So, you're Brian Sutherton's sister, right?" she asks.

I internally groan, "Step-sister," I correct. Great, they know my relations with the devil's spawn. I'm actually surprised that it did take this long for someone puts two and two together. Two new students with the same last name – it's clear that we're related. Or they knew but they didn't care.

The other girl, with a bright pink pixie hair cut turns around to her friend, "She's his sister," she exclaimed with excitement. The six girls sitting on the table nearby screech with excitement. How can Brian have such an impact on these girls?

"Step-sister," I repeat with annoyance.

"Do you think you can introduce us to him?" the girl sitting on the table pitches in.

I need to escape. I can't bare another minute with these girls. "No," I reply and immediately walk away. I rather sit and talk with a ghost in the middle of the cafeteria while everyone stares at me thinking I'm nuts.

"Well, that was rude," I hear another girl say quietly to another.

Dani isn't here today. I guess I will be sitting all by myself. My eyes land on Isaac and Lucan once again. I don't know why I even thought of it and I know I'm going to regret it but I walk towards them and take a seat right beside Isaac.

Isaac stops talking midway and stares at me with a puzzled expression. Lucan looks up from his food and scowls at me.

"What are you doing?" he growls.

I didn't expect that reaction from Lucan. I see what Dani was talking about of how Lucan is possessive of his table and doesn't want to be disturbed.

"I just... I didn't... Dani isn't here," I stuttered. Do they even know who Dani is?

"Your point?"

Isaac looks at me with a frown. I think he is waiting for Lucan to incinerate me.

"Well... I thought that since you also see..." I look at Isaac. I watch the blank stare on his face. "You know... see her, I thought that probably you could explain to me why only we..." I stop and look at Isaac.