Nineteen

"How do you know?" Lucan asks instantly.

I know it's a big assumption but it only made sense. "Reyna was going to be a Whisperer but whatever killed her took her life essence," I explained.

"That could mean anything," Isaac points out.

I shake my head, "No. You said that Whisperers are made out of the element of life, right? You even said that the original Whisperer gave her life in order to close the Gates. Well, what if they took her life so they can use it to open the gates," I suggest. "What if the only way to reopen the Gates of Hell is the same way it was closed?"

"But who would want to open the Gates?" Melissa asks.

Who else? Creatures of the Night. "Draven said there is a Soul Sucker running loose. What if he meant that the original Night Watchers did not send every Creature of the Night back to Hell? What if one got away and that is the one that is trying to reopen the gates?"

The thought that every creature that I know of that has existed would come back onto this Earth was frightening. The world wouldn't be safe exactly like how the vision has shown it to be. Already the dead and reapers are frightening enough but there would be more. Difference is, they are creatures that is determined to destroy all of mankind.

"A soul sucker?" Isaac says as though it was the first time he has ever heard of that.

"That's what Draven said. There is a soul sucker running lose," I repeat.

Melissa grabs another book from the bookshelf, Night Walkers. She opens it and flicks through the pages. I am surprised that they don't know of that creature Draven told me about. But yet again, to them, this creature no longer exists.

"What are Night Walkers?" I ask.

"They are the Creatures of the Night. We just call them Night Walkers," Isaac answers.

I watch Melissa continue to flick through the books. She is more than half way through the books and yet she couldn't find the creature Draven spoke of. "There is no Soul Sucker in here," Melissa comments as she starts from the start of the book, flicking through the pages again.

"Maybe it has a different name?" I ask.

Melissa mumbles something under her breath as she continues to look through the book. "Wait," she pauses. I watch her eyes as she reads a passage from the book. The wait is almost torture, waiting to figure out what we would be up against. "Oh no," Melissa whispers.

"What is it?" Isaac asks.

Melissa lifts up the large book, "Soul Suckers are demons but they go by the name Draguis which can be translated as Soul Eaters," Melissa explains. "They feed on the souls of their prey by sucking it out from them."

"Doesn't sound that bad," Isaac awkwardly says.

"They are warriors of Hell, usually are spies due to their stealth and ability to hide amongst humans. They can manipulate the thoughts of any creature and can survive up to one hundred years without the consumption of a soul. They are also known to start wars," Melissa adds.

"Okay, so we have a demonic warrior. We can handle that," Isaac says, awkwardly.

"That's not the worse part," Melissa says.

"There's a worse part?" Isaac gulps.

"Draguis has the ability to transform any creature back to the human form by sucking out their powers," Melissa reads. My mind immediately thinks of Reyna of how she didn't wake up back as a Whisperer.