Thirty

This isn't the first time I hear the water rushing and falling. It feels like I'm experiencing déjà vu. Beginning with darkness and I will soon see the waterfall in front of me. Same sound, same breeze and even same smell. But this time, it's different. This time, I feel trapped and confined.

I slowly open my eyes, too scared to see what I will see. I see the water falling perfectly off the cliff, leading down to a creek filled with rocks. The trees surrounding this waterfall were moving side to side along with the breeze. But something was different about the water. The falling water is not just white, but it also steams. Like the water is burning against the hot rocks of the cliff.

"Senera!" I hear a cry.

I turn my head to the left and I see Melissa tied up against a tree. Beside her was Dani, tied to another tree.

"Melissa? Dani? What's going on?" I suddenly ask.

"I don't know," Melissa says and she sounds scared.

I try to them but I couldn't. I look down at my body and see a rope around my waist, trapping me against this tree. What is going on? What is happening? I take a look at my surroundings. I need to find something that would help me get out of this. I need help. We all need help. I turn to my right and I see Isaac, also tied to a tree. He is struggling to get out of the restraints but it's no use. I stare at the rope that ties us to the tree.

"Senera, how do we get out of here?" Dani asks. I look at Dani and see her crying with fear. She is completely pale with a few strands of her hair hanging over her face.

I didn't know. Whatever that is keeping us tied to the tree is green, hard and cold. It looks like some type of vine, wrapped around our arms and stomach. I couldn't move my arms and legs, only my head and feet. Although it appears like a vine, I knew it isn't. The rope tightens whenever I move as though it has a mind of its own.

How did we all end up like this? How were we all captured and tied up? I realise that there are two people missing; Lucan and Jaxon. I feel my blood beginning to boil as I search my surroundings for them. The one who has betrayed us and lied to us this whole time.

"Melissa, try to teleport out of there," Isaac suggests.

I turn to look at Melissa, hoping that she could get herself free. I watch her concentrate but the fear is too strong. "I can't," she cries.

"Keep trying," I tell her.

She tries again. She closes her eyes and scrunches her nose. Her head tilt a bit down but I notice the vine begins to tighten around her and she screams. "That's enough!" Isaac yells, noticing her pain.

Melissa ignores the pain and attempts to teleport again. I can see the vine slowly tightening on her.

"I can't do it. I'm sorry," Melissa sobs with defeat.

We were trapped. I try to lift my arm out of the vine, attempting to get free myself. I feel the vine tighten slowly and I continue. I couldn't care less if the vine cuts my circulation, I need to get out of here. I need to get the others out of here.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I hear a sinister voice.

I pause and lift my head. I turn to the source of the voice. Jaxon. He looks completely different. His eyes captures my attention. Pure black eyes with red irises and the black pupil of a snake. The veins of his eyes and on his neck were dark as though his blood rushing through his veins are black.

"Traitor!" Isaac screams. Isaac struggles with the vines again, wanting to tackle Jaxon. Jaxon immediately tsk at Isaac, shaking his index finger side to side at him. Isaac stops moving when the vines tighten around him.