Chapter Six: Party?

A/N

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I had fun writing it. Yes, writing is very fun.

Anywho, break will almost be over and I will be putting up the days I'll upload, I don't know when so I'll still have to figure that out.

Plus my head really hurts right now so I'll let you read, vote, comment, and enjoy.
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Six: Party?

The week was finally over. Five days of school was too much for somebody my age. Ask anybody, they'll agree with me.

It was Friday afternoon, the sun streaming through my window as I typed up some homework due Monday. It was better to finish this up then worry about this on my free two days called the weekend.

A knock made me put my laptop aside when Claire came in. She held two boxes in her hands. One big and the other small.

"I was waiting once you got home so I could give this to you," she said.

I looked at her strangely until she opened the boxes. The big one had this necklace with a heart pendant, the other with sparkly earrings. "Tomorrow my boss is planning a party to celebrate the fifty years of his corporation."

I smiled at first until I remembered about the party Maddie had invited me too. My smile fell. "What's wrong?" Claire asked, concern in her tone.

"My friends kind of invited me to this party tomorrow. . ." Claire didn't like the sound of that. "I meant to tell you guys sooner but-"

"I'm sorry hon, but you can't go."

"W-Why not?" I asked a little hurt. "You guys have always wanted me to be social. What the hell do you think I'm doing?" Raising my voice at Claire didn't seem to help the situation much.

"Don't raise your voice or use that language with me young lady. You are not going to that party and that is final!" she yelled before slamming my door shut.

I buried my face into my pillow, my blade touching my hand as I grabbed hold of it. The need to cut right now would help me, so I lifted myself up to walk to the bathroom.

Inside I leaned against the wall and slid the blade across my bare stomach. Tears cascading down my cheeks with little sobs escaping my lips.

I hated myself.
******

I woke up at eleven a.m. once I smelled the fresh eggs cooking downstairs. Even if I felt my stomach grumble beneath me, I ignored the sensation and closed my eyes.

A minute later Alex stormed in with a huge grin plastered on his face. Usually when I didn't wake up early he would hit me with a pillow of mine, this time he decided that throwing water on me would be fun.

"What the hell Alex!" I yelled.

He was laughing his head off. "I'm sorry, but you didn't want to wake up when I was calling for you."

"I never even heard." My body grew with goosebumps as my blankets were lifted off me, Alex throwing them to the ground.

"Lil sis! We have to get ready for that celebration at Claire's job!"