Chapter Forty-Three: Birthday Plans

A/N

I wanna start off by apologizing that I nearly took a week to upload. Against I'm really sorry, but there's been things that are stressing me out and it's a huge impact towards my everyday life, so I just needed time to relax.

For now here is another chapter that I hope you guys will love. Again I'm really sorry for the long wait and late update today.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy.

Next Update: Wednesday (yes this time I will upload that day)
*******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Forty-Three: Birthday Plans

My head spun as Claire began to plan out my huge "birthday bash". To be honest, I didn't even want a party. We never had one for me because I chose not to have one. They knew why. But since they knew I had friends who weren't fake, they decided to throw a small get together for me.

Can I just say that even if I had friends, I'd rather stay in my room while watching funny cat vines on my phone.

"So what do you think?" she asked.

I had to blink twice before realizing that she had been talking this entire time. My bad. . .

"Oh. I mean, it all sounds-"

"You weren't listing at all," she said bluntly.

"No," I mumbled.

A sigh escaped her lips. "Do I have to explain this all again?"

"No. I'll read everything." She handed me the notepad with all the ideas before I headed upstairs into my room.

"Lil sis!" Alex yelled from his room. A groan escaped me as I peeked inside his room. "Come in."

"What do you want?"

"Question is, what do you want?" he asked, turning around in his chair while folding his hands together.

"Don't get all creepy with me," I chuckled.

With a roll of his eyes, he sat his hands down to simply fiddle with them. "I'm asking what you want for your birthday."

"I know. You always ask me."

He rolled his eyes again. "So. . .? What do you want?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Surprise me-"

"You say that every year."

"I'm only giving you an answer," I mocked.

"What's that?"

I looked down to where he was pointing. "All of the great ideas Claire has for my get together with friends," I muttered.

"So you're really going for the get together," he chuckled.

"I don't want to, but I've been feeling bad for treating her like cramp before the accident. It's better that I fulfill her wishes than act like a total ass."

"Understandable. . . You're only having your friends though, just a small get together."

"That's what I'd rather have than a party. But Claire might have other things in mind."

"And what about Dad?"

"What about him?"

"You're not eve gonna give him a call-"

"Why should I?" I snarled. "The man made my life a living hell. Yours too. Why would I call him?"

"It's been a while since you've talked to him. Albeit he'd want to wish you a happy birthday-"

"He already did," I interrupted. I still could remember the message, the picture he left in that stupid box.

"When?"

"A long, long time ago. I don't know why he wasted his time in sending me that "gift" of his."

"What'd he send you?"

"It's not even important, alright? I'm not calling that man even if you paid me a million dollars. Now, I have to go." With that I left his room, slamming my door shut as I tried controlling my nerves.

The mix of anger and anxiety boiling inside me was overwhelming. I went to my medicine cabinet and took out my anxiety pills, popping one before I chugged it down with water.

When I finally felt better, I leapt on my bed, almost hitting my head on the headboard before skimming through Claire's ideas.

Yep. She wanted a party. And a huge one.

Why couldn't she just buy me lotions from Bath&Body? The twins were doing that since they literally told me that they were.

How was that a surprise gift if they already told me?

After skimming through all the ideas, I set the notepad down and simply stared at the wall.

What could I do right now?

I had gotten my permit last week since Alex had been giving me driving lessons. Sure he's been a semi-good driving teacher, but I still preferred someone else.

Last time I barely started moving a inch from where we were with my foot on the pedal when he started panicking and said to stop repeatedly.

I was the one behind the wheel as he held on for dear life.

"I got a permit," I said to myself, "but needed someone over twenty-one in order for me to drive."

Who was someone over twenty-one (who actually wanted to hang out with me) so I could drive to the mall?

Then it popped inside my head.

Reese!

He had a fake ID. I guess that wasn't legal but for my sake to learning how to drive, I needed him. 

I instantly dialed his number, waiting on the third ring before he picked up. I didn't even let him talk. "I need someone over twenty-one and I know you have a fake ID, but I need to drive into town because I'm bored at my house," I said.

"Alright," he replied.

I hopped off my bed, running downstairs when I was met with Harry staring at the t.v. before looking back at me.

"Where are you going?"

"Hoping to go out?" I asked.

"Where and with who?"

"Driving and with. . ." So I couldn't really say Reese since he wasn't old enough for me to drive. Well shit. "With Reese's sister, Raven."

"Raven?"

"Yes. She's really nice and good and please let me go. You know that I need to practice my driving skills."

He sighed. "Fine. Be back before nine."

I said a quick thank you before running outside, getting inside the car while starting the ignition. I tried backing out of the driveway, but that almost led me to hitting the mailbox.

Hopefully Harry wasn't looking.

With another try, I was finally on the streets before driving towards Reese's house. He was already waiting outside when I arrived.

Taking shotgun, he asked, "Please tell me you know how to drive."

I started backing out of the driveway smirking. "That's why you're here."