Chapter Forty-Nine: I Promise

A/N

Well just a heads-up, this is a sad chapter. To me it's one of the bluest ones that I've written so far.

Sorry this is a late update but homework for the best of me. And targets because I wanted to finish it earlier before it was due.

But enough about me. Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Tuesday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Forty-Nine: I Promise

My head hit my headboard repeatedly. I stopped counting when I reached thirty-seven.

It ached when I finally stopped. I wanted to cry out, to tear out my hair and scream. More tears spilled down my cheeks as I realized how far I've gone.

First it was my cutting, then it was my bulimia. Then all the lies. And everything seemed to vanish the day of my birthday.

I hit my head one more time.

"Maggs!" Claire yelled. She opened the door to my room, and I backed up into the corner of my bed. "We have to go."

More tears spilled down my cheeks.

I shook my head slowly as she sighed. "I don't like this either," she sighed, "but you need help. This is for your own good-"

"No!" I shouted. "I'm not leaving! I'm not going to a fucking clinic!"

More tears.

I noticed the water forming in her blue eyes. It made me feel more guiltier than ever.

Claire approached me, she held out her arms, hoping for me to embrace her. I scooted more into the corner.

"Maggie. You're going-"

That's when I threw myself at her. I wrapped my arms around her waist, with her stumbling back a bit from my sudden action. I hugged her with all my might as more tears trickled down my chin.

"Please, Claire!" I cried out, "p-please don't make me go! Please!"

More pleads escaped my lips.

"Please! I promise that I'll do whatever you want! Just not this. . . I'll take all the necessary medications, but please don't make me go," I pleaded, my sobs escaping me uncontrollably.

Sadness washed all over her expression. My arms gripped around her tighter, more pleads leaving my mouth. More promises that would soon be broken.

"Please don't make me go!"

I could already hear Claire's sobs before she finally yelled, "Stop!"

I tried controlling my sobs, taking deep breaths before unwrapping myself from her. I looked up at her, responding to her with glassy eyes and a red puffy nose.

"Look," she tried saying calmly. "I promised Harry and Alex that I wouldn't fall into this! That you needed. . .you have to go to this clinic."

Soft words mixed with sobs left my mouth.

"But I also told them that you needed another chance," she said. My expression suddenly filled with hope, causing her to sigh calmly. "I managed to convince them. But one more of these attacks and I'm taking you myself to that clinic."

I nodded my head quickly, hugging her before saying thank you numerously.
******

I looked around the room. Everyone seemed so calm. What the hell?