Chapter Sixty-Nine: Reese

A/N

Yes I know this chapter is short but it's an inside to Reese's mind in a way. Or life, whichever one.

By the time I finish the book, I will change the name of it. I'll be editing the whole book when it's over, which is close. . . I'll surprise you with the name by the way.

So please vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Friday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Sixty-Nine: Reese

I threw the crumbled paper into the trash, throwing my arms up when it made it.

"Get your ass up!" Raven yelled.

I groaned. "It's not even seven yet!" I shouted back.

She threw the door open to my room. "I'm not waiting on your lazy ass, so get up so I can drive you to school, idiot."

The love my sister and I had was irreplaceable.

I got ready, by the time I was downstairs Raven was already pushing me out the door. "When are you going to learn how to drive?" she muttered while pulling out of the driveway. "You're a sophomore, I think it's time for you to learn."

"It takes forever," I whined.

"Because you have to practice, dumbass."

"I feel like every comment you say comes along with an insult for me."

"That's why I'm your sister," she smirked.

Raven dropped me off before blowing me a kiss goodbye as I flipped her off. She returned the same as we both went away laughing. I went to my locker to get my notebook when Matt and Maddie appeared. Sometimes it annoyed me when saying their names since they both started with M's.

"Football practice?" Matt asked.

I nodded while smiling at Maddie. She rolled her eyes. "Ya know, it's nice seeing you after two months," I commented.

"Shut up," she laughed.

We went to homeroom where a few girls eyed me as I walked by. "It'd be nice to walk with you without girls eye-raping you," Maddie mumbled.

"I only messed with one," I whispered back.

We sat in our usual arrangement in the back, the couples sitting around me while Andrew, Jose, and Luke sat in the three seats in front of me. Bronx and Summer were all over each other as usual, wouldn't doubt that they'd have a surprise coming their way soon. The twins with their boyfriends always cuddling and acting cute as if someone were recording them for their reality show.

The stupid thoughts I have, I thought.

After homeroom we went to our first periods, the twins in the same class with me. They continued to chatter while I walked beside them, laughing every now at them when they started bickering.

Our teacher started with welcoming us to sophomore year. The twins were sending notes back and forth while I played solitaire on my phone. We got the syllabus, read individually until a girl walked inside with her cheeks a rosy pink, breathing in and out while talking to the teacher.

She had long blond hair with freckles staining her cheeks and nose. Her hazel eyes stared at the teacher while explaining frantically as to why she was late. Somehow I found this amusing and smiled to myself before she sat down in the  farthest front seat in the upper corner. The girl tossed her bag on the floor before reading the syllabus to herself.

Throughout the whole period I would glance at her. She was either wrapping a strand of her hair around her finger or playing with the necklace around her neck. Once the bell rung she was out of the classroom before I could even get past the twins.

Second period was a bore. Another syllabus that caused a migraine.

We were already done with two of our classes until football practice came for third period. All the guys changed into our uniforms before running outside. As usual, Summer and the twins were sitting at the bleachers.

Coach told us to do stretches, so in the meantime Matt, Dylan and I were talking about all the new people we've seen. We usually talked about them before telling the girls. They'd usually talk to a few during lunch, but never becoming really close friends. I wonder when they'll actually become close friends with someone new in our grade.

"How 'bout you, Reese? Anyone new? Any new girls appeal to you?" Dylan smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Not one," I replied.

By lunch the twins were already off talking to the new kids while we ate. The stale fries they gave here made my stomach turn. I continued playing solitaire on my phone before a girl tapped my shoulder, smiling at me innocently as I stood up.

"You said you would call me," she started off.

I sighed. "I think I would remember, Tanya."

She put her hands on her hips. "So what? You just sleep with a girl expecting her not to expect things?" Her eyes narrowed.

"Pretty much."

That earned me a slap to the face. Tanya stormed off as I sat back down, getting smirks and shaking heads from the gang. "What?" I said.

I rubbed my cheek before they burst into laughter. "That's what you get for sleeping with random girls," Summer sang while smirking.

By fifth period I saw the new girl again. She was playing with her necklace, only this one it was off her neck and in her hand. Three days passed and she always did the same in each class.

First period she would always play with the necklace while it was on her neck, then in fifth she would take it off to play with it in her hand. Andrew noticed that I had been staring at her in fifth period once and asked if I was okay.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

Two weeks passed when in fifth period our teacher assigned us new seats. I was too busy listening to my own thoughts that I ignored him when he called my name.

"Matthews!" he shouted aloud so the whole school could hear.

I finally lifted my head up to see him pouring to the front seat in the right corner. Trudging to the seat I sank in it while watching him place others in their seats. When he was done I hadn't even noticed that the new girl was sitting right beside me. She was playing with her necklace which caused me to smile.

We were going over a lesson when I threw the little note on her desk. She stared at me for a second with her hazel eyes before reading and writing on the note. When I got it back a smile appeared on my lips.

~Hi

By the time class ended she was packing up when I said hi again. "Im Reese by the way."

"Caitlin," she smiled.