Chapter Forty-One: Stupid Interruptions

A/N

I kind of have mixed feelings about this chapter. Not sure if I like it or not, but I'll leave that to you guys.

I also just realized that there's three weeks left until school and I'm already getting lazy for it. Hehe.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Forty-One: Stupid Interruptions

I leaned against the wall as he leaned closer towards me. I couldn't help but think that I just wanted him to kiss me, right freakin now!

We were so close. . . "Maggie?"

Reese stepped back a bit, my arms falling beside me as I let out a harsh sigh. My head hit the back of the wall before seeing Alex and Harry staring at us both.

"Hey guys," I mumbled.

"Hi," Reese said.

They both nodded awkwardly at us before Reese stared back at me. "I'll see you later." With that he was out of our sight, leaving me with a sick and twisted feeling in my stomach.

I couldn't stand the stares that Alex and Harry were giving me, so I barged into Claire's room before sitting on the chair. I stared at her before they walked in, both still staring at me with a puzzled expression.

"What?" I finally said.

They both shook their heads. "Nothing," Alex replied.

"It's just that, we kinda thought that things between you two was over," added Harry.

Me too. . . We never were even a thing! What was I thinking!? What had I been thinking when he was so close to me?

"They are. I told you both. We're just trying to become friends."

Both switched glances before bursting into laughter. I shot them a glare which made them stop, but didn't stop them from smiling mischievously.

"Friends? Or at least trying to be friends?" Harry chuckled.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Lil sis, I don't think friends get so close like that. Unless you have a FWB with him."

My mouth gaped open. "I do not! What the hell!"

"What? If you're not dating, then it's-"

"Don't even say that crap again," I muttered.

Harry seemed to be amused from the whole situation. I rolled my eyes at him and simply stared at Claire while biting down on my nails.

This was new.

"Maggs, biting nails is a bad habit," Harry commented.

"I know," I scoffed.

With me biting on my nails, feeling the anxiety rise inside me, I stood up and walked out of the room, ignoring the guy's stares. My heart pounded harder against my chest, even harder than before as I sped down the stairs.

All the while I was thinking about Reese. Reese and how close we were. If it weren't for Alex interrupting then who knows what would've happened. Maybe we would have kissed. Or maybe he'd reject me. Or maybe he'd just kiss me out of pity.

I almost wanted to tear out my own hair for thinking all this.

But what if he did want to kiss me out of pity? He knew about my self-harm. He knew how bad I felt about myself. What if all this, all his friendship was just out of pity?

Somehow I ended up in the bathroom. Somehow I ended up with a sharp object in hand while gliding it slowly against my skin. This time the cuts appeared on my upper thighs. I had to change spots since Alex was constantly looking for new scars on my stomach. 

I didn't know how long I had stayed in there. Probably an hour or two, but when I was ready to walk out with my head up high, I couldn't.

There were heavy weights on my shoulders bringing me down. And right now they were weighing me down so much today.

I just wanted to hug somebody right now.

I sat outside in the waiting room with my knees up to my chest. Harry was with Claire as he talked to her, hopefully wishing that she could hear him. Alex had gone out to get us food which only made me upset.

It was at least one am in the morning and I felt like crap. Now I kind of wished that Alex had drove me home so I could sleep. But since I've been such a stubborn girl, he finally let me stay.

I just wanted my bed right now.
*******

My head throbbed as I woke up. Everything in my body hurt, muscles that I didn't even know were there hurt.

"Wake up, lil sis," Alex hummed as he kneeled in front of me.

My lazy eyes opened up. "How long have I been out?" I yawned.

"The whole night until eleven am. Longest you've ever slept, I think."

I smiled at him as I lifted myself up. When my eyes landed in Claire's room, they grew wide. "Where's Claire?" I asked anxiously. "Where is she?"

"Maggs, calm down. She's fine. They just went to go make some examinations on her-"

"Wait. Examinations. . .? She's awake?"

His smile grew even wider. "I think you should go see her."

I instantly stood up as Alex guided me to the Examination Room where I saw a woman in a wheelchair combing her blond hair with her fingers.

My breath almost got caught in my throat as she was turned around by Harry.

For a long time I finally saw her blue eyes. I finally saw her smile appear with dimples showing on both sides.

This time I allowed myself to tear up.

I ran to Claire, hugging her with all my might as she cried into my shoulder. "C-Claire," I stuttered as I burst into more tears.

"Hey hon," she said in a raspy voice.

"Alright everyone!" Harry announced, "I think this Thanksgiving Day should be celebrated! Let's get some breakfast!"

"From the Cafeteria?" I blurted through tears.

"This is why I got food," Alex said.

Claire clapped her hands together before saying, "Let's eat!"

We were soon in the Cafeteria, eating away our food as I took small bites from my pancakes.

"Aren't you hungry?" asked Claire.

I nodded my head as I tried smiling. "Kinda. . ."

She took a huge bite of her ham before asking me a question that I dreaded. "So how are you and Reese?" I saw Harry and Alex switch expressions as they both sighed. "What's wrong?"

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. "We kind of broke up. . ."

The words that just escaped my mouth felt like poison that was killing me inside.

"Oh," she said in a shocking tone. "What happened?"

Another long pause as the poison started settling in. "We moved too fast. We're just trying to be friend now."

Good luck with that. . .

"Well I hope things get better with you two. You make a great couple."

Now it felt like Claire was giving me more poison to swallow. "How are you better? You just woke up from a coma!"

"At least I am better," she smiled as she took a bite of her pancakes.

We all laughed as we enjoyed (or at least I tried to enjoy) our breakfast.

Everything seemed perfect, but the dread mixing inside me told me that it wouldn't last long.