Chapter Fifty-Six: Coward

A/N

Sorry for the late update guys, but I wanted to make sure that this chapter was chill and short.

Also, I just want to thank all the people who have left wonderful comments on my book. But people who don't want to read my book, please don't leave bad comments. I don't always feel good after I read some.

I've also put a warning on the description of the content in my book, so if you don't like that content, don't read it. This is at your own risk.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Wednesday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Fifty-Six: Coward

Tomorrow we'd be leaving to get back home, but I still wanted to make things straight with Reese. Couldn't he tell me how he really felt and then I could finally straighten all these foggy thoughts that were invading my mind.

I was lying on the bed, looking at all the pictures again and again, seeing our happy selves on the small screen made my stomach turn.

My fingertips outlined the lines of my scars as I set my camera aside, pulling up my shirt a bit to see how I was doing.

Pretty bad.

I had made new ones yesterday, a few more today in the morning. I was starting to lose places to put my blade on, but no where else but my stomach crossed my mind. It was the easiest place to hide these scars.

Apparently it wasn't from Alex and Reese.

They haven't even mentioned it. Did they even care? It's not that I didn't mind, I could care less if they worried about my self-harm. I've always hid it from the people I love and wanted to keep it that way until Alex found out. Then Reese found it and it seemed to throw me off.

I've been feeling guiltier each time I did it.

As I walked to go to the bathroom, Summer appeared at the door, her hand resting on her small stomach.

 "Yes?" I said.

"You haven't spoken to Reese, have you?" she said, narrowing her eyes towards me.

I rolled my own. I didn't want another stupid lecture. I've been getting enough of my own.

"Does it matter? He's a coward, he's not going to tell me."

"Because you don't even ask! Gosh, why can't you just start things?"

"Even if I did he wouldn't listen. He wouldn't cooperate and you know him way more than I do. You know that he's going to ignore my question, he's going to ignore anything that involves with being "in love" ."

I put those two words in quotes because I still didn't believe them. Part of me said that, Yes, he actually feels something special for you, then the other part is just, There's no way that he could ever love me.

Why couldn't my mind just settle on one idea?

"Why can't you ask him? Start this whole thing. He trusts you anyway," I muttered.

Summer scoffed. "Please. Not after this."

"Then I don't know why you're here. Stop trying to convince me to talk to Reese about this. I'm not going to." With that I slammed the bathroom door behind me, almost catching my fingers when my one finger got smashed.