Chapter Fifty-Eight: We're Together Again?

A/N

To be honest, I'm really excited about this chapter. Best one I've written (I think) because it's taking a huge step forward.

So I'll leave you guys to please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Wednesday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Fifty-Eight: We're Together Again?

My neck almost ached before I realized what my head had been resting on the whole night. He couldn't be more squishy rather than muscular on his chest?

His chest slowly went up and down as he breathed in. It was almost soothing to me which annoyed me. I was getting too attached to him.

His arms were still wrapped around me, so I couldn't really move anywhere but stay in place with his arms enveloped around me. It annoyed me even more that I wanted to stay in his hug.

I heard him murmur something, almost sensing that it was my name when his eyes fluttered open. At first he yawned, running a hand through his messy hair before smiling at me. It felt like we were. . . No! I'm not accepting that.

His embrace on me finally loosened before I sat up, rubbing my eyes as I yawned. "Morning," I mumbled.

"Morning. . ."

I almost fell asleep sitting up until he asked, "Can I know what happened last night?"

The question threw me off.

I didn't know how to react or respond, so I pressed my lips together and got up, walking towards the bathroom before shutting myself in there. 

My hands gripped the edge of the counter until Reese knocked. "You okay, Maggs?" he asked.

I ran my hand through my hair before saying, "Yes." Once I finally felt okay-ish, I walked out with Reese standing beside the door. He had a worried expression on his face until he saw mine. His expression softened.

"I'm guessing I can't ask anything."

"No," I mumbled.

He sighed. "Then let's get some breakfast."

I nodded my head as we went downstairs into the beautiful kitchen. Seriously, how do you keep this big of a kitchen so clean and neat. I could barely do that with my room.

"Waffles or pancakes?" he asked, holding up a box of frozen waffles while a box of flour for pancakes sat on the counter.

"Pancakes," I replied.

He put the frozen waffles away before preparing the batter for the pancakes. I was getting bored of just sitting and watching so I stood up and grabbed the whisk, giving him a smile before he handed me the bowl. "Thank you."

Reese took out some eggs to make some scrambled eggs, cracking each one as I mixed the batter even more. "Do you have chocolate chips?" I asked, my stomach growling.

"Let me check." I heard him rummage through some of the cabinets before placing the bag beside me.

I poured some of the chocolate chips inside the batter, licking my lips when the smell of eggs frying on the pan filled the room.

I got a pan out, pouring some oil before pouring some of the batter onto the pan. The sizzling sound made me smile. Reese chuckled a bit. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he smiled.

I took a moment to look at him, then at myself in the reflection of the marble counter. My fingers gripped the edge of it as I sighed. All this felt so right, so perfect. And all of a sudden it felt wrong. What the hell was I doing? What were we doing?