Chapter Sixty-One: A Day Of Fun

A/N

This is going to be short because I have lots of things to check. But I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Plus it's an early update!

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Sunday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Sixty-One: A Day Of Fun

My head rested against the head rest while avoiding my house. Alex was in there and I could already see him pacing in the living room.

We really needed to get curtains.

"I'll go in there with you," Reese said.

I smiled at him. "Thanks, but this is between my brother and I."

He kissed the top of my hand as butterflies tickled my stomach. I knew that Alex was upset-angry actually with Reese being my boyfriend "again". It wasn't the first time now and just because I announced it to my brother didn't mean that we were actually together.

My logic was stupid.

I stood in front of the door, ready to knock when when it opened. Alex appeared as a full on mess. Sorry big bro, but you looked and must've felt like crap. His hair was all in a mess and the smell of alcohol was all over him.

I gulped and pushed past him to see the mess. The view of it made me angry. There were a bunch of beer bottles on the counter and on the small table we had in front of the couch. My guess was that it all happened last night and piled up in the morning.

"Maggie-"

"Shut up," I barked. He stood still with an apologetic expression. "Now. Let me just start with calling you an idiot, because you are one."

He opened his mouth but I quickly put my hand up. "Second, what the hell is wrong with you? What the hell happened in those days I was gone, because it wasn't that long, Alex!"

He looked like a sorry dog who had done something bad and felt bad about doing it.

"It's just. . . I'm sorry," he mumbled while running his hand through his messy hair.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry isn't going to cut it. Don't you think that sorry is meaningless after all of this." I pointed to all of the bottles, the mess in the living room. "Cleaning it up isn't going to hide the shit you did these past few days."

I couldn't explain myself anymore. There wasn't much for me to say because I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to cry and make him know what I had felt. What he had made me feel. It was one thing that he got drunk, but he crossed the line when he yelled at me in that stupid tone of his.

It was like Dad's.

The thought shot shivers down my spine as I wiped away a few tears with the back of my sleeve. "Don't expect me to forgive you so easily. You're my big brother, but I don't want to be reminded of our dad who made our lives a living hell."

I made my way to the door when he grabbed my arm, not as hardly as before. I snatched it away.

"You're going with him, aren't you?" he said with sad eyes.

"Yes and I still don't understand why you don't like him."

"It's not him," he sighed.

"Then what?" I snapped. Reese may be an asshole sometimes but he knew how to stay respectful towards people when the time was right.