Chapter Sixty: My Lips Are Sealed

A/N

Early and short and cute chapter that I wanted to bring you guys! To be honest this is an improvement in me updating late.

So please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Wednesday 
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Sixty: My Lips Are Sealed

Is it just me or does anybody else think that guys can sometimes be more vulnerable after a break-up? I knew that some girls would cry their eyes out after one, but what about guys?

I've only seen on television and books where guys miss their ex-girlfriends and I wonder why they had broken up.

This was going through my mind as Reese faced me, his hand on the frame as it faced down. "What do you think you're doing?" he repeated.

My train of thought stopped before my heart started beating faster than ever. Did I have the guts to ask him about the girl? He could have just told me all about her from the beginning, couldn't he? It would've been so much easier than me finding out like this.

I sounded as if I were jealous. I didn't even know who the girl was and I already felt jealous. It was kind of obvious that it was his ex, though. The whole "I realized that I've been in love you" thing seemed to throw me off.

Reese had been in love. That was the point. Or why else would he still have this picture of them together, looking like the happiest and cutest couple alive? And why did he still have a portrait of her? How long had it been since their break-up? Did he break up with her or the other way around?

Caitlin did look like a really nice person. That thought crept in my head soon enough. She didn't seem like a person who could break up with anybody, not even Reese even if he was an annoying asshole at times.

"Is she your ex?" I blurted.

Now I really wanted to punch myself. I wasn't prepared to ask that but it slipped out. A small sigh escaped my lips before I knew it.

He stood straight up before grabbing the frame in his hand. "That's for me to know and for you to never find out."

He walked past me until placing the frame in one of his cabinets and slamming it shut. The loud sound made me flinch before he made his way up the stairs again, intimidating me even more.

"Why can't you tell me anything!?" I finally yelled. At this point I had grown tired and annoyed. What was the point of loving a guy who never told you anything? He never told me why he fucked Bridget and now he's not telling me about Caitlin!

Loving Reese was exhausting.

"Like what?" he smirked.

I narrowed my eyes. He was either playing stupid or actually stupid. So I came up with a different topic. "Do you love me?"

The question seemed to throw him off and surprise him. "Wh-"

"You heard me. Do you love me?" I knew Summer had told me about Reese's feelings, but I wanted to hear the words come out of his mouth. I wanted to hear them just by him, just this one time.

"What do you think?" The smirk played on his lips again.

Was he really turning the tables on me? Did he expect me to know the answer? It was like he knew what I knew about his feelings towards me!

Reese raised his eyebrow as he read my mind and expression. The little shit did know after all.

"I would've told you that night at the lake house, but then I thought about it. Summer isn't the best at keeping secrets-"

"So why'd you tell her!?"

"So she could tell you," he replied.

I shot him a puzzled look. "What? That doesn't even make sense!"

"I would've told you myself, really. But I wanted to hear your reaction before I could actually do it. And Summer told me that you had a little freak out."

Um, who the hell wouldn't!? The guy that was apparently my "friend" had fallen in love with me, and me being so clueless wouldn't have ever known until someone told me the truth. He had planned this whole thing out to know what my reaction was.

It was like a mean prank.

"So all you wanted was to know how I reacted?"

"Pretty much. I didn't want to see that little freak out myself because then I would feel like shit," he replied.

"Well how did you expect me to react? Happy as if I knew this whole time?"

"You should've. It was pretty obvious."

My mouth gaped open. No it wasn't! I knew I was clueless but I wasn't that clueless.

I started second guessing myself. Was I seriously that clueless? I had the least idea of what I even felt for Reese, so I could've been either clueless or too ignorant to see how he showed his affection towards me. Sometimes I just thought he was being too nice to me. Now I knew that it was because he loved me.

All those times he grew worried of me wasn't just a friendly act, but because he loved me!

Damn I was stupid.

We were sitting on his bed as I touched my stomach, feeling my scars glide against my fingers. The touch of them made me shiver. Reese had his eyes fixated on the cabinet where his stored the frame of his ex. It had to be his ex, why else were they so close to each other?

"You said my scars were beautiful," I mumbled, looking down as I picked at my nails. He finally looked in my direction with soft eyes. "Why did you say that?"

He grew closer to me before he was inches away from my face. "Because they are."

"But why?" I whined. I would've never considered my scars to ever be called beautiful. They were scars that I had made, scars that hurt me everyday that I saw them. What made them so beautiful to him?

"I want you to know this, Maggie," he said softly, "I don't care if these scars mark your body. You're still beautiful with or without them and they're a part of you. I'm not gonna stop loving you because of them."

The soft expression on is face calmed my nerves. He leaned in and kissed me gently, soft, and slow.

I cupped his face in my hands before bringing him closer to me. When we parted away I couldn't help but smile.

In that moment I couldn't stop thinking about the frame in his cabinet.