# 13 - Softness

"WHAT? N-no, listen... Let me explain everything..." I started. Then I stopped to catch a breath and stop the emotions flowing through my veins.
Then I continued with a firmer voice: "What that lousy bitch keeps on saying about me is total bullshit. First of all, Oikawa entered that damn locker room because he wanted to convince me to be his girlfriend again, but I didn't want to go back and told him it couldn't work. In the end he was persuaded and requested me to hug him one last time, then he promised he would leave me alone. Second, are you silly, Koushi?".

He raised both eyebrows in surprise.
"W-why the hell would you think I don't trust you?!" I added with a little blush spreading across my face, my arms crossing and pouting at him.
"Because he is..." he tried to reply, but I didn't let him answer that stupid thing he was thinking of.
I suddenly threw myself into his arms and held him tight with my eyes closed. My head was placed on his chest so that I didn't face him. I could hear his heart beating fast. It was like music for me. He was speechless, but he delicately returned the hug a while later and began caressing my waist and head softly. I could feel the good scent of his soft neck skin. Then he let his head rest a bit upon mine.

"I don't want to ruin our... uhm... f-friendship, Koushi" I mumbled.
"M-me, too, [Name]-chan... and... you know... you're very cute when you pout at me like that".
I grinned with satisfaction upon his shoulder.

When we parted I saw the sun was setting and the sky was filled with golden, red and rosy clouds. A chilly breeze was blowing and messing up the shiny silver of Suga's locks.
"It's kinda late... I think I should go. Now could you please walk me home as a proper friend and senpai should do?" I said with an innocent voice and a sheepish smile.

He giggled a bit. Then he noticed I was chilling and so he took his coat and scarf off and handed them to me since it was getting kinda cold.
"T-thank you..." I hummed tightening myself up into his soft volleyball jacket. I really loved the delicate scent coming from his clothes that were embracing me.

When we arrived at my place, it was almost dark.
"Thank you, Koushi-kun... see you tomorrow" I told him, handing his jacket and scarf back to him.
"Aw, you can keep the scarf, [Name]-chan it's cold tonight"(A/N: Winter is coming!) he returned cracking a cute, little smile. Then he came closer and kissed me on my forehead, causing my heart to skip a beat and literally jump up my throat.
"Good night, [Name]-chan!"
"G-good... good night...".

*Some minutes later*
"Hi everyone!" I cheerfully greeted mom and dad when I popped up into the kitchen wearing indoor shoes.
"Welcome home, [Name]! Dinner is ready. Is that scarf new?" my mother asked.
I didn't answer and blushed a bit. I was holding Suga's blue scarf just like a kid holds his favorite teddy bear.
"Hello, Tobio-kun..." I mumbled to my brother. No answer followed.
"What's the matter with you two? Have you been quarrelling again, perhaps?" my father inquired.
"Nope, dad. Everything's fine" Tobio answered all at once without looking at anyone of us, before I could even say a word.

*After dinner*
I was very tired because of the match and all the emotions of the day, so I just wore my sky blue polka dot pajamas. I still had Koushi's scarf around my neck when I entered my bedroom, which I shared with my brother.
There he was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling without really looking at it. He had earphones, which tore him apart from the rest of the world. The mere fact that he was listening to metal music at such a high volume that I could hear it made me know for sure that he was still angry, since he always listens to metal music when he's not... well... happy.
I decided to leave him alone and threw myself upon my bed with my face merging in my pillow, still thinking of Suga.

After some time, I turned the other way and stared a bit at Tobio, then I decided to do it.
I went towards him and took his earphones off his ears abruptly. I knew this may have possibly cost my life, but well who cares. I just couldn't stand my brother treat me like a stranger anymore.

He immediately cast a fierce glance upon me and hissed: "Why the hell did you do that?". He was a bit scary, especially because the music was still playing and growling as a background, but I didn't hold myself back.
"Uhm, well is the King of the Court gonna slay me then?" I spit in openly provoking manners.
He was now pale with anger. Practically, he looked like a fierce beast about to roar savagely.
"YOU FUCKING KNOW I FUCKING HATE THAT FUCKING NICKNAME!"
"You're right, I do but I won't stop calling you like that unless you let me explain how things really are" I said then.
"I don't wanna know what you and that crappy Oikawa have been doing in that locker room!" he was as stubborn as a donkey.
"NOW LISTEN, WE HAVEN'T BEEN DOING ANYTHING BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HIM ANYMORE, YOU DUMBASS! THIS IS IT. NOW IT'S UP TO YOU, BELIEVE ME OR NOT" I exclaimed "Now you can return to your fucking music".
And with that, I stepped again to my bed and was fast asleep, still holding Suga's scarf and inhaling the scent of it.

I woke up the next morning covered with blankets. I could have sworn I fell asleep without any of them on.
That was typical of Tobio and his silent way of forgiving his adored sister.

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hi everyone..!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter 😉
There it was, Kageyama's DEEPLY hidden sweet side (maybe I'm going to write a spin-off about it... but only if you ask me for it in your comments!)
Hope you liked my story so far. If so leave votes and comments..!
Love yaaaa
Shiri-Chan96 ❤