#24 - Late

*Earlier that day*
I woke up slowly in a pleasant sense of warmness.
I was nestled into Koushi's arms and I felt happy that the beds of our dormitory were so small.
He actually could have slept into the other one but it should have been taken by Yachi.

Wait a minute! Yachi!

With my senses properly awaken, I started wondering if Yachi was sleeping into her bed and whether she saw us together into mine.
I lifted my head as the tight embrace of Koushi allowed me and, to my surprise, I found out Yachi's bed was empty.

But... where the hell is she then?!

Just then, Koushi's deeper breath signalled me he was awakening.
"Ohayo, my sweethea- uhmmm... [Name]-chan!"
I smiled at this and pecked his cheek.
"Ohayo, my cutie" I grinned, causing him to blush a bit.
It was then I wondered what time it was, so I asked him to check his phone.
It was 8:16 in the morning.

Aw crap.

We jumped out of bed and I took my pajamas off in a hurry even though he was there with me.
"[N-NAME]! I don't think this is the time to try and make me lose the bet!" he exclaimed while covering his eyes and face, which was almost purple.
I stared at him for a while in my underwear and wondered what was wrong.
Then I got to understand, while putting on my clothes as fast as I could. This caused me to literally jump into my volleyball tracksuit and consequently pant.
If someone had heard us from out the door surely would have thought it bad.

"C'MON! IT'S LATE, DON'T THINK DIRTY!" I yelled in pure embarrassment "AND TAKE OFF THAT PINK TEDDY BEAR SHIRT, OR YOU WANNA GO WITH THAT ON?!".

After getting dressed, we rushed to the gym without even having breakfast.
My poor belly was grunting, surely not really happy with it.
As we got into the gym, Takeda-sensei got a piece of paper sticked to our foreheads.
Koushi and I exactly knew what was written on that piece of paper.

*Later afternoon, after the match against Nekoma*
"Hey, Yachi!" I reached her, who was waiting for Hinata outside the boys' lockers.
She turned to stare at me with an interrogative glance, so I went on.
"I was wondering... Yeah... where you actually slept last night... were you with Hinata?" I whispered, trying not to be noticed.
She went crimson immediately and began stammering: "N-no! Please don't think badly of me! I actually didn't have the keys to our room because you had it... I knocked at the door, but you didn't hear that, I suppose... I was late because of the meeting with the team's staff, you know...".

I apologised for having caused that huge a trouble to her.
"No, really it wasn't such a big problem since I stayed at Kiyoko-san's".
My eyes grew wider at that name being mentioned.

How would she react if she knew what happened?

"Oh, sorry Yacchan but I gave to go... detention, you know" I sighed. Then I added: "Psssst, have a good time with Shrimpie!". She blushed again while I winked at her with complicity.

I entered the main building of Nekoma. Nobody seemed to be there at that time but I met Kuroo out of the room I had to enter for detention.
"OHOHOHO! Hey [Nickname]! You doin' detention?! I thought you were perfect, my little miss... but looks like you're evil after all... I like it" he smirked teasingly while placing a tentacle arm of his around my shoulders.
"Shut up, you dumbass!" I scoffed, breaking free from his embrace. Nobody was allowed to hug me like that except Koushi.
"It's a long story..." (A/N: *How I met your mother tune starts, since it's Suga-mama lmao~)
"... which I'd love to listen to later in my room while taking off your clothes" he added in a whisper.
"Tch. I was gonna tell you but now I changed my mind".
"Neeee, so mean!" he moaned in such an Oikawish way.
"See you 'round, Kuroo Tetsurou"
He disappeared after acting flamboyant as usual about me having called him like that and not just Tetsu.
Having a friend like him was the funniest thing ever.

As I got into the room, I noticed a teacher of Nekoma and Koushi were there.
I hoped they didn't hear what the Cheesy Cheshire Cat was babbling about before and I took a seat in the furthest desk from Koushi's.

Could have been a few minutes as well as a bunch of hours after that the teacher got a call on his cellphone.
I could swear it was an important one, otherwise he wouldn't have answered.
So now it was just me and Koushi.

Gosh. And now?! He's surely gonna try to win the bet now... I'm not sure I can resist again!

Just as I was thinking about it, he got up and came round to my desk with nonchalance.
He fixed at me for a while without saying a word. Then he placed his hands upon my desk abruptly and leaned a bit to talk to me.

"Ne... why were you even late for detention? Wasn't it that annoying Kuroo again perhaps?" he questioned.
I pierced him with a glance and answered straight away in irony: "What's that I hear? Are you jealous maybe?".
He hummed.
"Mmmmh... no am not".
"WHAT?!" I almost yelled, causing him to giggle.
"You know... am not gonna tease you today" he spoke and with that he went back to his desk. He sat and began listening to music.

While he was so relaxed, the world in my head was upside down.
What?! Why isn't he gonna tease me again? The ball is taking place tomorrow... he'll lose the bet this way! Ok then, let's keep calm. If he doesn't try to win it again it's better for me... this means I already won it! Or not?

People say my brother and I are twins in our personality, too.
I wasn't able to understand what they really meant until the following day.
Because one thing I realised the day after was that we were both dorks.
Or, at least, I was a dork exactly like him.

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello ppl! 😉
One thing you'll probably be surprised about is that I managed - for once 😂 - to publish the chapter on Friday as I always should do..!
The fact is I'll be very busy this weekend so I have tried my best to write this chapter on time. I'm sorry but I know this is a bit of a cliffhanger but, well... 😰
I have also published a Lev x reader short story... am I such a generous author or not? 😂
I'd be rlly happy if you read it and supported my one shots book...
Lots of love as usual bc you're the best readers I could wish~ 💖💖
Shiri-Chan96