#18 - Highway to Hell

The next day I woke up very early to pack my things for the training camp, but I wasn't as cheerful as I expected I'd be.
I was still thinking about Koushi's reply to my SMS.

Tobio had got up too and was wandering through our bedroom in a worried attitude but I knew exactly what his problem was.
"Looking for these? I wonder how you always manage to lose them, since they smell like death..!" I cooed, openly mocking him with a little laugh.
He took his kneepads off my hands and mumbled a quick thank you, sis.
"You're so dorky and cute, Tobio..! This makes you my favorite one among all the twin brothers I have!" I giggled.

*Short time skip*
We got to the gate of Karasuno, where the bus that was going to take us to Tokyo was parked.
Tobio and I spotted Asahi, Noya and Tanaka chatting. Their own sportbags were on the ground near them. I greeted them all with a hug but then I noticed a certain setter was missing and Daichi wasn't there, either.

"Hey guys where are Suga and the captain? They are never late for volleyball" I asked.
All of them first gave a look at each other, then turned to me without looking at me.

What the heck is going on?

"Uhm... I think they may be here soon" Tanaka answered in a serious, strange voice.
"GOOD MORNING, [NAME]-CHAN!" somebody, who I found out was Hinata, greeted me with a really energetic hug. I remembered the promise I made and I let out a deep sigh before bidding him a good morning, too. When Kiyoko and Yachi got there too, Noya and Tanaka started fanboying at Shimizu as usual (without her paying any attention to them) while Hinata, who had always been the cheerful type, suddenly got silent as a tomb. I knew exactly the cause and I perceived his tension and heartbeat even though he was phisically distant from me. I saw Tobio glaring at him like he had seen an alien and this made me giggle.

One after the other, everybody arrived. Now coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei were there, too. All the boys in the team started getting on the bus but I remained outside to wait for Koushi. I was worried...

"Come on, Kageyama... get on the bus" I heard Takeda-sensei tell me.
I let out a deeper sigh and got on the bus to sit near Hinata.
What I saw then made my blood freeze through my veins.
I knew the girls' team and the boys' were going on the camp together, but I never knew Kiriya was the co-manager of our team, nor I had ever seen her to a single training of us..! She was probably too busy staring at MY Koushi.

"Hello, [Name]-chan!" she greeted me with a fake smile. She pointed at the empty seat next to her. "Wanna sit here?" she kept on showing that fake smile of her.
I glared at her. "No" I laconically scoffed and then I sat next to Hinata, that had placed his sunray butt on the seat before Kiriya's.

Oh perfect, then. I'm going to spend the journey to Tokyo with Kiriya in the seat behind Hinata and without the guy I like next to me..! Looks like NOTHING could be worse!

But I was wrong.
Soon after, Koushi and Daichi got on the bus. I turned to Koushi to greet him with a smile but what he returned was a feeble smile followed by a deep yawn. He looked like he hadn't managed to sleep at all the night before.
Before I could even ask him how he was, I saw Kiriya inviting him to sit next to him. He let out a sigh but then he placed himself next to her, in the seat behind me.

Touché. This hurts.

I was speechless and I felt a heavy weight drop upon my stomach.
"Okay, looks like everybody's on board, now!" Takeda-sensei spoke before taking the driver seat. The bus was now moving and I tried being positive by thinking each metre it covered was a step towards our destination.

"Are you okay, [Name]? You look upset" Hinata asked me in a caring attitude. I could feel Kiriya's satisfacted, evil glare piercing my neck.
"Y-yes, am okay Sho-chan" I mumbled.

After a short time, I felt my head turn heavy...

*Time skip*
I felt somebody tapping on my shoulder.
"[Name]-chan? Hey, wake up! We're there!"
"There... where?" I yawned.
"We're in Tokyo!" Hinata chirped.
"WHAT?! WHY DID YOU LET ME FALL ASLEEP?! I SHOULD HAVE HELPED YOU TO ASK Y-" I yelled completely out of the blue.
Hinata covered my mouth while I kept on grumbling and mumbling. I admit I suddenly felt the urge to lick his palm to set my mouth free from his grasp.
"Shhhh! E-everyone's looking at you!" he whispered, his eyes wide open.
I just wanted to disappear or to wake up, since I felt like I was having a nightmare... but I knew for sure that I was awake and it was all for real.

Oh my gosh! I should have stayed awake to advise Hinata! Now I'll have to do it while we're in Tokyo, therefore I'll have less time to stay with Koushi..! Oh jeez! What if he and Kiriya kissed again while I was asleep?!?!

My heart was literally bumping in my chest as if it wanted to break free and escape from my body.
I turned around to see people standing up and getting off the bus.
In the seats behind mine, Kiriya was showing a disappointed look on her face due to having spent the whole journey sitting next to a sleeping beauty... errr... to a sleeping Koushi.
It wasn't really the way she meant to spend her time on the bus, I guess.
I let out a sigh of relief and my face features relaxed in amusement.
Koushi was awakened by Daichi and we all hopped off the bus.

We were now standing in the Nekoma courtyard, where a group of boys and girls wearing red trousers and jackets were waiting for us.

"OHOHOHO! Looks like we'll be having a great time with the crow chicks here!" a guy with messy bed hair spoke.
"Shut up, Kuroo" a shorter one with blondish hair replied.
This was the first time I was in Nekoma High.

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello ppl I did it, I finally wrote this! 😄
Hope you enjoyed it. Please don't forget to vote and comment!
Love yaaaa
Shiri-Chan96 ❤

P.s. I have also started a Haikyuu one shot book... please have a look and don't hesitate to make requests via private message! I'll be very happy to write a shot for you! 😍