#20 - The Kill

"Noooope, it was Shimizu"
"Shimizu?! What the hell does Kiyoko-san want now?!"

*Earlier, the same day*
Kuroo obviously kept his word and came over to watch me during my training session.
When it ended, he approached me with the usual smirk engraved upon his face. I couldn't help but think it was something that drove me mad with irritation but attracted me somehow at the same time. This thought made me chill.

"Ne, [Name] you were kinda good, especially in this wet uniform of yours" he chirped, nonchalantly wrapping an arm around my waist. I got free from his grasp.
"Nope, Ku-... alright, Tetsu" I corrected myself because of the pout on his face "Actually it was kinda hard for me to concentrate today..."
"Mhh yeah I see..." he hummed, then nonchalantly added "Was it that male setter? Mr. Refreshing there, with number tw-"
"SHHHHHHH!" I hissed. Since he was that tall, I couldn't reach his mouth to cover it so I abruptly his stomach with my elbow. Koushi was glancing at us.
"O-okay... I'll take this as a 'yes'..." he replied while grabbing his stomach. His voice was lower now and came out like he was about to choke.
When he relieved himself a bit, he added:
"Ne, [Name]-chan... I feel a bit jealous somehow".
"Aha..." I replied, without paying any attention to the last words he spoke "I think you can help me, Tetsu".

"WHA-?! Why should I do this?!" He gasped while leaning against the outer wall of the girls' locker room and crossing his arms in an attitude that awfully reminded me of Oikawa. I snorted at the thought. I was now dressed in everyday clothes - I got changed while Kuroo was waiting outside, but I could swear he tried to take a forbidden sneak peek while the girls of Nekoma and we girls of Karasuno were inside.

Jeez, what a creep.

"Aw, please Tetsu! The Stargazers' Ball is the biggest chance I have to spend some time with him! And because you and I are... uhmmm... FRIENDS, right?" I explained while avoiding his grasp for the second time that afternoon.
I had heard some voices about that ball at the end of the week. The dépliant was something like this.

I took it out of my pocket and placed it right under his nose

He had a quick look at the piece of paper and let out a sigh while rubbing the back of his bedhead.

Gosh, I wish my bedhair were so stylish too!

"Okay, okay babe... I'll do it for this time, just for you..." he returned in a strangely serious attitude.
"YEAH! THANK YOU TETSU!" I exclaimed and suddenly hugged him. After realising what I had just done, I added a quick "Uhm, sorry dude".
"No big deal, babe... just remember you owe me a favour" he smirked, adjusting a strand of his gorgeous bedhair.

*Time skip*
"So, how did it go?"
"Ne... Actually it was a bit different than we planned, [Name]"
I looked at Kuroo with pure disappointment lingering upon my features. My silence encouraged him to explain.

"Well, I invited that girl... Kiriya... to the ball. I have to admit she's kinda sexy..."
I interrupted him with a "Tch".
"... but you're way better, [Name]-chan..." he tried to push me slowly against the wall. I put a hand on his face abruptly.
"OUCH! Ne, [Name]... You're soooo violent today! I might get aroused" he teased with his usual grin, his cheek showing the red print of my fingers.
"We were talking about something else, remember?" I giggled.
"Right, right... You're amazing, [Name]... You're the first girl ever that refuses to give in to me... but finally I'll conquer you, too" his deep voice made me chill again.
"So what's the problem, then?" I inquired ignoring again what he said "you said you invited her"
"You told me she likes Mr. Refreshing soooo bad... then why did she accept my invitation straight away? I know I'm irresistible..." I rolled my eyes "...but I can't shake the feeling that maybe she doesn't like him as much as you think, babe".

I took a couple of minutes to think about it. Then I replied:
"Well my friend Noya says she's a bitchy snake..."
"You're so cute to warn me, babe"
I giggled.
"What I meant to say is that maybe she accepted just because you're a guy... not because you're 'the sexy Tetsurou Kuroo'- I'm quoting you, don't assume I think you're sexy".
"Ne, you're so mean... I like it" he smirked.
"I think we shouldn't worry about her so much" I concluded, ignoring him again.

*And now we're going back to the beginning of the chapter, that actually is some time later lmao*
"Noooope, it was Shimizu!" Noya said.
"Shimizu?! What the hell does Kiyoko-san want now?!" I was the most confused girl on earth.
"Yeah, actually she's going to the ball with Suga" he bluntly said "I actually don't know who of them asked the other out".
I felt distressed and desperate.

Now I could see why Kiriya accepted Kuroo's invitation... it was because she couldn't go with Suga!

"But... why?" my voice trembled and I sat helplessly on the ground. Noya grabbed my hand to cheer me up, but I knew that he was going to say something that would have let me down again.
And in fact there it came: "See, sweetie... Kiyoko-san is Suga's ex girlfriend"

I can't believe that he still loves her...

"So... he's been making a fool out of me for all this time!" I exclaimed, trying to hold back my tears.
"Sweetie, I'm sorry..." Noya mumbled with a sweet tone, grazing my cheek.
"But... I'm in love with him..." I sighed.
Noya embraced me and started patting upon my back.

Come break me down,
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you...
Look in my eyes
You're killing me, killing me
All I wanted was you..!

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hey ppl..! 😉
I dunno if u noticed, but the title and the words at the end of the chapter are from a song by 30 Seconds to Mars..!
I'm messing things up a bit, I know... ehehehe 👉👈
This chapter was actually a bit shorter than the others, I hope this is no problem.
Please don't forget to vote and comment...
Have a look at my one shot book, too, and feel free to request me! 😄
Bye~
Shiri-Chan96 😙