#21 - Fight

(A/N): *sneaks out* Psssst! There's gonna be a change in the p.o.v. this time so be prepared! 😊
Uhmmm and I actually put that pictures bc our fluffy Noya is going to "save" the situation 😄

I was having a training session with Nekoma girls the following day and even though I did some nice spikes and serves, I still had something to worry about.
I was afraid of what was possibly going on between Koushi and Kiyoko-san, to be honest. But the fact that I was still able to play showed that the other side of me actually was sure that they were together again, so I was somehow feeling helpless about it.

I had managed not to think too much about it but when I got into the cafeteria to have lunch, I bumped into Kuroo.

"Ne, [Name]-chan! I'm sorry I would like to ask you to eat lunch with me, but I have to get to know this Kiriya better... the ball is taking place in three days!" he chirped with a tray in his hands. I couldn't help but feel glad about it because I didn't have to avoid his tentacle hands wrapping around my waist for once.

But his words made me jolt because they reminded me I still didn't have anyone to go to the ball with.
As he saw my reaction, he smirked and said: "Yeaaah I know you're upset about not having lunch with me but I can't help... bye babe!".
I didn't listen to a single word he spoke, for my mind had gone blank.
"Sweetie! Having lunch together?"
A familiar voice brought me back to reality. Now I knew who I would be asking out.

*Noya's P.O.V. and short time skip in the past (lethal combo)*
"Suga! Would you please teach me how to toss a ball properly? I found out I'm kinda bad at tossing" I chirped once I came into the gym and found Suga in the locker room. It was early in the morning and nobody else had already come for practice.

What is he doing here this early?

I looked at his face. He was paler than usual.
"Mhh, yeah Noya. Let's have a few tosses before the others get here" he replied in apathy that really didn't fit him. I swear that he was nearly as apathic as the Nekoma setter.
We got into the court and started tossing.
That was the moment I decided to ask him what the heck was going on, even though maybe I wasn't exactly the person for him to tell his secrets because of the tension that was between us in the past.
All because of Kiriya.

"What's going on, Suga..? I've never seen you smile since we got here. I thought you liked volleyball training camps."
Once I spoke these words, he gave me an icy look.

I knew it.

"Please, mind your own business" he returned bluntly.
I ignored this.
"Don't you know that [Name] is upset because you're going to the ball with your ex?" I let out, rather loudly.
The ball fell onto the ground and its sound echoed through the silent gym.
"She's going with Kuroo. I asked Kiyoko to go together because of this! [Name] seems to prefer him... I thought she liked me" he sighed.
I had to do something. I grabbed his shoulders and yelled: "YOU ARE A DUMBASS! I TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES SHE IS TRYING TO MAKE YOU JEALOUS BECAUSE KIRIYA IS ACTING LIKE A BITCH! SHE'S NOT GOING WITH THAT CAT-JERK! SHE ASKED HIM TO INVITE KIRIYA SO SHE COULD GO WITH YOU!".

"HOW CAN I TRUST SOMEONE WHO ONCE STOLE ME THE GIRL I LIKED?!".
His words caused me to let go of him. It was true, I did it. Suga had once a crush on Kiriya but I stole her.
"I-I TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES THAT I'M SORRY!" I knew he had all the right to hate me because of what I had done, but I kept on yelling against him.
"HOW CAN I TRUST YOU? HOW CAN I BE SURE THAT YOU WON'T STEAL ME [NAME]?!" he screamed.
I just wanted to cry, but I punched Suga on the face, instead. His lip started bleeding and his face was now even paler with wrath.

He was right again. How could he be sure?
I was trying all my best to hide my feelings for [Name]-chan. I had been doing this since I got to know Suga liked her. I even turned her down when she tried to kiss me because I didn't want to be guilty again.
Yes, he was right, I was in love with [Name], but he couldn't tell I wanted to make him suffer by stealing her. Not again. Plus, I knew she liked Suga. I knew I had to back off.
He was now grabbing me and he was about to punch me with his clenched fist.
"I... I promise I won't..." I whispered, tears rolling down my face. He stopped and immediately let go of me.
I fell to the floor.

His lip was still bleeding, but he looked like his anger had left him. He was staring at me in shock with wide eyes, without speaking a word, so I kept going.
"I promise I won't take [Name] away from you because you are my friend and I can't do this to you again... I know this doesn't matter now, but I swear I didn't want... I didn't want to make you suffer when I asked Kiriya to be my girlfriend. But now... if you keep avoiding her, you'll make [Name] suffer and I couldn't bear it. She really loves you, Suga".

He helped me out to stand up and suddenly hugged me.
He was crying too and I could feel the sorrow in his words when he spoke: "I'm sorry for what happened...".

"Good morn-!"

Asahi and Daichi nearly fainted when he entered the gym and saw us standing and our messy hair and t-shirts and Suga's lip bleeding.
But at least Suga and I had finally come clear.

*Back to Reader's P.o.v. and to lunch time (#thisiswitchcraft)*
"I'm sorry, [Name]-chan but I can't come to the ball with you" Noya answered.
"But... why?" I asked.

Great, looks like I'm the only one here who's not going to the ball.

In the meantime, I spotted Koushi rushing across the cafeteria. He was bumping into several people and caused lots of trays to fall on the floor, quickly mumbling Sorry to everybody. His hair and t-shirt were messy, like Noya's, and his uniform was now dirty with some stains of coffee. He also had a plaster near his mouth and his kneepads on. I couldn't understand what the hell was going on and neither why he was behaving like that. He reached us and Noya looked at him with a little smile.

"Because you're going with him"

~~~●••●••●~~~

Uhm... Hi..! *awkwardness* 😅
I hope you guys won't hate me for this chapter... Gomen! *bows*

I actually don't know how I got to write about my BAEs fighting but it came by itself.
As you may have noticed, I have a talent for messy and twisted plots...
Please keep supporting me ppl~
Oya oya oya
Shiri-Chan96 😙