Chapter Fifteen

Pietro and I had eaten all of the pizza in less than half an hour.

Cas got a slice too of course. Can't let my baby starve.

We were sprawled out on my bed when an explosion of thunder sounded from above.

I jumped up into a sitting position, startling Pietro.

He looked over, "Are you okay? It is just thunder,".

My ears became pressed against my head, eyes slits, tail lashing.

A bit of realization came across his face,"You are afraid of thunder of all things?"

I hissed at him and Cas fluffed up his fur, at Pietro's remark.

I grabbed one of my big fluffy blankets and curled up in a ball.

A loud boom of thunder sounded and the power went out.

I let out a whimper.

Pietro scooted over beside me and picked up my blanketed form and put me on his lap. He started petting my hair and tried to soothe my panic.

I could feel a panic attack coming.

Cas looked at me, he could sense these things. He jumped from his spot and ran into the bathroom, coming out moments later rolling a bottle of pills.

Pietro took them from him and started reading the label. He carried me to the bathroom and grabbed a plastic cup, filled it with water and gave me a dosage of the pills.

A few minutes after I took them, heavy tiredness flooded my senses.

I started falling asleep, almost falling off the counter but Pietro caught me.

As sleep grabbed me, I could feel the softness of my bed beneath me and blankets around me.

Cas was beside me and Pietro behind me.