Chapter Eighteen

I groaned in pain, eyes fluttering open.

I was met with darkness, feeling a bag on my head.

Footsteps walked into the room, standing beside me. The bag was ripped off my face, light blinding me.

I felt my eyes become slits, guns cocked beside me, aiming at my head.

I growled, which only resulted in me getting punched.

I would've laughed it off if they hadn't stuck a needle in my neck, it seemed to make the pain linger, it amplified it even.

Someone grabbed my cat ears, forcing me to look forward. They had a camera, set in front of me.

My teeth grew sharper, into my canines. It only happened when I felt threatened.

I hissed at them, growling.

It only resulted in me getting slapped again.

They appeared upset that I didn't make noise for the camera, so he shoved a knife through my leg, close to my bad knee.

I screamed that time, loudly.

They twisted the knife in circles before deeply slicing over the fresh knife wound to the gunshot wound on my knee.

I screamed louder if that was even possible until unconsciousness took me.
.
.
.
PIETRO POV
.
.
.
A few minutes after I called Tony, he was standing in front of me.

There were looks of confusion and fear crossing his face.

"Are you sure it's hers?"

I brought her phone out of my pocket, showing him, "I am pretty sure. Cas followed her trail from the tower and it led to her phone and the blood."

Cas was by the road sniffing at the asphalt. He was obviously distressed.
.
.
.
CASTIEL POV
.
.
.
She didn't warn me about this. She tells me everything before it happens.

We never went over any protocols of this sort of thing were to happen!

I felt someone pick me up, I struggled wanting, to continue to look for Riles.

"C'mon Cas, we can look for her back at the tower," Pietro said softly.

I could hear Tony on the phone talking to Steve about the situation.

I went limp, a man in a hoodie walked past. His face was covered, something seemed off.

I would've let it slide, but then a scent hit my nose.

It smelled like the blood, but fresher than what I had seen before.

I jumped off Pietro, who was taken by surprise.

I ran at the man, pouncing on his back and clawed off his hood, he gave a shriek of surprise before falling.

I could smell something in his mouth, poison. I clawed it out and flung it across the asphalt road.

I felt my size grow, to about the size of a leopard, he flipped over and I bared my fangs.

I could feel Pietro and Tony's shock.

The man tried to stab me, but was promptly bitten.

He dropped the knife, but the hilt gave him away. That cursed little octopus.