Chapter Twenty-Two

...THREE HOURS LATER...
...BRUCE POV...
.
.
.
It had been a few hours and she still wasn't conscious.

I couldn't save the nerves in her leg, it had been to badly mangled and would've been hopeless.

When she does finally wake up, she won't be able to walk with it without support. She'll have to use crutches to get around.

I walked out of the infirmary and was instantly bombarded with questions.

I waited until they finished asking questions before saying, "She still isn't awake and she won't be waking up for a while. I've put her in a medically induced coma, when I allow her to wake up she won't be able to walk properly on her own. There was to much damage to her leg, she still has it, she just won't be able to use it. She'll need surgery, it's pretty bad," after my speech, they looked relieved.

Tony asked, "What happened to her leg?"

I looked at the floor and looked back up, "The blood you found was likely from a gunshot wound to the kneecap, it shattered. She was stabbed just above the bullet wound and I suspect the blade was twisted multiple times before a deep cut was made connecting the wounds,". I pulled the bullet out of my pocket and gently handed it to Tony to show the rest.

Steve announced, "That's from a rifle," he looked at us, "She was probably sniped from a rooftop somewhere,".

I glanced at Cas, who was a small kitten, he waddled into the infirmary.

I watched him too and pointed at him, "What-?"

Tony shook his head and raised a hand silencing whatever I was going to say, "Just... don't even ask."

I elected to change the subject, "That's not all the injuries she sustained. As I cleaned some blood from her hair, there were burn marks on her temples."

I gestured to my temples, Steve paled, "You mean?"

I nodded, "Electro-therapy, she may not even remember us."
.
.
.
...CASTIEL POV...
.
.
.
I strolled into the room Riles was in, she wouldn't be able to walk without crutches or a cane or something was all I gained from the conversation.

I stuck my claws into the sheets and started climbing up the bed.

Riles was pale, too pale, her leg tightly bound in gauze, an IV in her arm providing blood and nutrition to her limp body.

I curled up in a ball next to her neck with my head resting on her throat and fell asleep, listening to the weak pulse.