New Friends | 2.0

Skylar's P.O.V.

   "Well, nice to meet you 'S-sky'," he mocks my stuttering and giggles.

   "Shut up!" I nudge his shoulder and we continue walking.

~~~~~

   It's been about an hour, and I know a lot about Carl so far. Turns out, he's been through just as much as I have been through. We have a lot in common, including how our groups run themselves, the relationship our people have between each other, and all the catastrophes that has occurred along these past few years. Everything's so similar.

   I realize when he's into what he's saying, he looks me deeply in my eyes. His eyes, (well 'eye' since I can only see one) are like a crystal blue, it's almost as if it's glowing. I find myself getting caught in a daze, staring into his eye. Even with one, it's still dreamy. I also couldn't help but realize, he laughs at his own jokes. Just like me. See? Lots in common.

   "Do you have any other people in your group around your age?" I ask.

   "Not anymore," he replies. He looks down at his feet. "Just me."

   "Ever feel lonely?"

   "Um, yeah all the time," he looks me in my eyes again. "I hope that my dad decides to let us stay here...if that's okay with your leader. Greg right?"

   "Yeah, that's right," I stare back at his eye, curious. "But..why'd you wanna stay here?"

   He hesitates before he decides to let out his words. I see that he scratches his head.

   "Well, um," he hesitates again. "I'm really happy that I've finally found someone around my age. And that's someone I like talking to. You seem pretty cool, Sky."

   I smile at his choice of words. "You do, too, Carl."

~~~~~~

   "Rachael, you have to talk to Greg and Elise (his wife)," I beg Rachael while she's handing supplies over to Lisa.

   "And what if he says no? What will you do then?" She snaps back.

   I remain hesitant. I probably would feel more sad than I already am. That's why I want Carl here. I need him here. He'd make life so much more interesting, just having a friend around to spend some time with. I'd be able to release so much more weight off my shoulders, and be more relaxed. You never know, he could become my best friend.

Carl's P.O V.

   Skylar. Wow, is she amazing.

   I'd look into her sparkly green, textured eyes, and see hope of this disgusting world come to an end. I can almost get lost into my own world, looking into her eyes.
I really hope this isn't the only time I see her. I need to see her again. Again and again. I think she feels the same way. I hope she doesn't think that I'm weird or something, because of my eye. Well, naaahhh. I don't think she does. She probably would've asked about it, if she was so concerned. I'd rather not bring it up.

   Ron was an asshole.

   Never mind. I said I didn't want to talk about it, didn't I?

   Skylar and I had a plan. She did feel the same way. I hope so. We decided to ask both of our people if our groups could collide and become one. Well not ask but suggest it to them, so it wouldn't seem like there was a specific reason why we "asked". I really hope this plan works.

Skylar's P.O.V.

   Man, I hope this plan that Carl and I came up with works. A plan that would make it possible for us to be together again.

   "Rachael...please.." I begged.

   She turned to face me and finally rolled her eyes and said "Fine."

   But of course it was under one condition.

   "...but if Greg and Elise thinks this is for some dumbass reason, the blame's going all on you. Got it?"

   I nodded and walked back outside. I see Carl sitting on one of the benches outside the back, and he stoods up and gives me a curious glare. "So, what happened?"

   I give him a little smirk, signaling him that it all worked out fine.

   "Your turn."

A/N
NEXT CHAPTER TOMORROW ON MAR.23.16!