A Night Over | 6.0

Skylar's P.O.V.

Wow. Carl fell asleep in my bed.

   Almost a day into knowing him, and he already had fell asleep in my bedroom, in my bed. I guess, we were really becoming friends. I just can't wait until we're in the same community together.

When he awoke from his nap, we decided to walk outside and get some fresh air. The sun was getting ready to set, and boy, was it beautiful. I could feel the warmth of the sun, showering on back. Yes, it felt like the sun was showering. It felt so good. I looked towards the glowing sunset, not hurting my eyes at all, and it felt like the light was melting into my eyes, as if making my eyes glow.

"I know, it's beautiful," Carl broke the silence, and began to stare at the sunset with me.

"Yes, it is. I kinda don't want it go away. Unfortunately, it will be dark soon."

"Yeah," he looked down to his feet. "Which reminds me, Glenn and my dad probably won't be back until morning."

"So," I quickly focused my eyes in his direction. "You're staying here for the night?"

"I think so." He gave me a quick smirk, and I smiled back.

"Well, you can sleep in my room, if you want."

"I can't take your bed again, Sky," he furrowed his eyebrows. I loved the way he said my name.
"Or we could....share?"

I froze. I felt my cheeks getting red.
Share my bed? Sleep next to him in my bed? For the night?

"Oh, c'mon," he nudged my shoulder. "It won't be that bad. Besides, we're friends right? We'll be best friends forever, right?" He slowly walked towards me with a smirk on his face, moving his eyebrows up and down.

"Shut up," I laughed, and punched his shoulder, pondering about my decision.

"So?"

"Ughhhhhh, fine. We'll share my bed."

"Yesss!" he screamed with excitement.

"Shush, the walkers will--"

Before I knew it, I was swept off of my feet. I screamed. "Carl, put me down!" I couldn't help but laugh.

"Not until I carry you to your bed, S.I.P.".

And before I could even respond, he started dashing towards the house, carrying me over his shoulders. All I could see was his feet, and his cheeks moving back and forth. I slapped his lefty, trying to make him put me down.

"Hey! Hands off!" He almost dropped me, and I felt one of his hands on my hip, and one on my butt, to prevent me from falling. It felt like he was taking advantage of his hand being right there, squeezing me, tightly.

"Carl, put me down before I fall!" My voice was vibrating as he ran up the stairs.

Before I knew it, he slammed me on my floppy bed, and he started to laugh. He couldn't stop, and he fell to the floor. Feeling relieved, I let out a huge breath, and laid back on my bed. I could still see the sun still shining through my window, just slightly dimmer.

"Oh my god," he laughed again, stood up and walked towards me. "You okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine," I rolled my eyes and sat up. "Nice ass," I giggled.

"I could say the same about you, but I don't wanna be rude," he gave me a sly look to the side, and laughed again.

"Yeah whatever, shut it." He just kept on laughing, so I decided to laugh along. I don't know what it was, but it was funny, I guess.

"Well, it's getting dark. It's my bedtime." He sent another smirk towards my way, and started moving his eyebrows again.

"Well, it isn't mine. I'm a night owl."

"Oh you are? I am too."

"But you just said--"

"Shhhhh... I'm a night owl, Sky."

"Whatever, Carl." I let out a small giggle, realizing his dumb lie.

"What? You don't want me to stay up with you?"

"Ehhh, it's up to you. If you get tired, then go to sleep."

"Nahh, I wanna stay up with Sky."

"Your choice, Mr. Grimes." I walked over to my desk and grabbed my journal and tucked it into my satchel. Didn't want to let him in on my personal life, just yet. Even though, I feel as if I can trust him with about anything.

"Well, I am a little bit tired now, I guess," I yawned and sat back on my bed. "I've been awake since like, 5 a.m.? I'm guessing. Two hours before I met you I suppose."

"Sky," he looked into my eyes. "I'm glad I met you."

I gave him a genuine smile. "I am, too."

~~~~~

"...And that's how I first got shot. Remember, I was only, like, 9 years old."

"That is crazy." I looked into his one blue eye. "Well, I'm glad you're okay now."

He smiled, and he catched my stare. He decided to tell me some things that had happened since the apocalypse began. His stories were really crazy. You wouldn't believe what he's been through.

We were both laying down, in my bed, as promised. The warmth of his body felt so good. I could lay next to him forever. I'm guessing it's about 1am right now. It feels that way. You know, that late feel.
The later it got, the colder it seemed to be. I began to wrap myself under the covers. I turned, and layed on my left side. I love that feeling when you finally get warm under your blanket, and you start to squirm, because it feels so good.

I squirmed, haha.

And, I guess Carl noticed.

"You okay?" He chuckled, and I could feel his body turn around in my direction.

"Haha, yeah. I just got really comfortable, that's all."

He chuckled again, and then I felt his arms wrap around my waist, him pressing his body against mine. Now, I really felt comfortable. I felt his arms squeeze tighter, and he moved closer, as if he wasn't close enough.

"Goodnight, Carl."

"Goodnight, Sky," he quietly whispered in my ear, and we were off to sleep.

~

A/N (Please Read! Reading this, impacts your knowledge on any upcoming chapters!)

Please spread my story around! I'd love for more people to read this, considering this is my first time, and it's definitely going to get better.

Now, if you were wondering, this story kinda takes place after Ron had shot Carl in the series. But not all events from Season 6 will be taking place in the story. So let your imagination take you, wherever you want it to go. I haven't really seen that episode yet, but I know he got shot in the eye, and I wanted to incorporate that in my story. I definitely need to catch up on the season, and that will be soon, so the story will be having a lot more depth into it! Again, please recommend my story to others, I'd really appreciate it. 😊