Unintended Clarity | 3.0

Carl's P.O.V.

I take a deep breath before I enter Greg's living room. Sky's waiting outside on a bench for me. I slowly walk in.

"Hey, dad?" I look inside, to see him looking around the room.
"Oh, Carl," he abruptly turns around to face me. "You okay?"
"I'm absolutely fine. I--"
"I seen you've met a new friend."
"How'd you know?"
"Oh, I seen from that window," he points to the window across from him.
"Oh, yeah, her name's Skylar," I look down at my feet. "She's...pretty cool."
"It must feel good to have somebody your age around, eh?"
"Um, yeah. Totally," I feel my face stretch into a small smile. "She's great."
"Well, I have to talk to you about something," my dad starts, as he walks up to me.

What could this be about?
Have I done something wrong?

"Elise, has, uh, offered me to look around their community and see how we like it," he continues. "I'm guessing they've invited us here."
When I heard those words, I wanted to just hug my dad. I didn't even have to suggest anything to him. It just...happened.

Wait until I tell Skylar. I can't wait to see her reaction.

"Well, dad, I think that's a good idea. I mean, it seems nice here. Friendly people. And I'm going to be honest with you, I really need Skylar to be here with me. She's awesome, and would be a great friend."
"I'm glad you think it's a good idea," my dad brings me into a hug. "I'll mention that to Greg and Elise."
I send my dad a reassuring smile, and walk out of the house.
I, then, search for Skylar, and fine her leaning against a tree.

"Hey Sky!" I run over to her, and I could see her green eyes from feet away.
"Yeah?" She has a hopeful look in her eyes.
"You won't believe what happened."

;)