Zack and Amy | 18.0

Carl's P.O.V.

"Sky! No-- Where are you going!" I shouted as I watched Skylar run off into the distance.

Previously, she just stared at these new people's faces. Zack and Amy? I think it is. She gazed at their faces in shock. Her eyes suddenly widened and then she just ran off.

I'm guessing she's going to her room.

I immediately followed her a few seconds after she took off.

After a few minutes, I reached her bedroom door. It was closed and locked. I softly pressed my ear against the door. I could hear her muffled, soft sobs on the other side.

"Skylar, open the door...please." I said nearly above a whisper, pressing my forehead against the doorframe.

"Carl, I ju--"

"Just open the door, Sky. I want to be with you. Please."

A few moments later and after a few sniffles, the door slowly opened to Skylar's wet, tear stained face. Seeing her like this made me want to cry as well, and I just wanted to hold her in my arms. Forever.

I wrapped my arms around her torso and pulled her into a tight hug. She sobbed into my chest and her grasp got tighter around my body.

"Sky...why did you take off like that? What's wrong?" I quietly asked while her grasp lightened and she pulled away.

"Those people... I know them, Carl."

"Well why are you upset? Did they do something to you?" I questioned, pulling her into her room.

"They...uh..." a single tear fell from her left eye while she was working the words out her mouth. "Those people... they...they killed my brother. They...just left him to die. And then--" her voice began to break and more tears fell from her eyes.

"Sky, come here," I sat her on my lap, and she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Everything's gonna be okay. They won't do anything to you."

"They were apart of my group before. But once they killed my brother, Greg kicked them out the group because of how they treated my brother Blake. They just left him to die."

Her tears had vanished, and now her eyes were suddenly puffy and so was the area around her eyes. The center of her face was a faint crimson and so was her lips. They were so plump and full. I couldn't stop staring the way her lips gracefully moved as she spoke.

"You should probably get Rachael, and tell her." I lifted her up off of me as she rubbed her eyes.

"Okay," she smiled. "And Carl?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you...you know, for being here. I appreciate it."

"Anytime." And we walked out the door.

~~~~~

"Wait...Zack and Amy?!" Rachael exclaimed, her face turning a bright red.

"Yes, yes, just calm down," Skylar whispered softly. "I just wanted to let you know."

"Well listen. Stay away from them and don't let them see you. Avoid any complications the best you can," she said while pulling her hair into a ponytail. "I know I can trust you, Sky. You too, Carl."

"You can, I promise." Sky pledged, then she shifted her attention to me.

"Yeah, same here. Anything you need, I'm here." I smiled, then Skylar smiled which made me smile harder.

"You two are awesome, I swear," she pulled us both into a quick hug. "But I have to go and let Carol know about them. And I'll let your dad know when he comes back."

"Alright, be safe Rache." Sky called out to her as she walked away.

"Will do!" she shouted back.

So suddenly it was just us, standing outside Rachael's bedroom. I hesitantly reached out to grab her hand, but then she quickly slipped into Rachael's room.

"Skylar, why are you--"

"Shhhh.. Just come on."

She took my hand and pulled me into the room.

She seemed to be wandering around the room, staring at the floor. Then suddenly, she looked up at me. "Carl?"

I hesitantly answered. "Yeah?"

"You know you can leave if you want. I just didn't want you to be standing out there looking awkward."

Oops. I guess she noticed.

"I think I'm gonna take a nap. Usually when I cry I take take naps so..."

"Oh, um, yeah, I know, me too, same," I couldn't stop staring at her figure, the way she gracefully moved around the room. "But you are okay now right?"

"Once I'll take this nap I'll be. So you don't have to stay."

It seemed like she wanted me to leave so she could have some privacy. But, I didn't wanna leave. I wanted to watch her peacefully sleep while the sound of her soft snores filled the room. I sat their silently, lost of words, until she spoke up again.

"Carl! Snap out of it! What's wrong?" She came over to me and grasped my shoulders.

"Uh, nothing, nothing, I'm fine," her emerald green eyes were close to mine, and I couldn't bare how close she was to me. She smelled so sweet and refreshing. "Sorry, Sky."

"Carl," she giggled. "What're you sorry for?" She let go of her grip and leaned closer.

"You're just..." I couldn't get the words out my mouth. I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable with me saying how beautiful she was but, she needs to know. "Skylar.."

"Yes?"

"You're just so damn beautiful. I can't stop staring at you. You make me lost for words. And the way you make me feel...I just can't..."

She stayed silent. It made me nervous but after a few moments she spoke up.

"Carl..." she whispered, looking down at her feet.

"Yeah Skyl--"

Then all of a sudden, my air supply was cut short when she jumped on me and wrapped her whole body around me super tightly. I couldn't breathe but I loved the feeling of her on me. I tightly wrapped my arms around her body.

"I have something to tell you, Skylar. And I'm serious about it."

"Go ahead, I'm listening." Her voice was muffled from her mouth against my chest.

"I think I'm in love with you."

________________________________

okay i'm sorry it took me a while . school just ended for me , and i've been a bit busy but i hope you like this chapter...even though it sucks .

i'd appreciate it soooo much if you voted , commented or followed bc i'm trying my best on this story and i really enjoy writing it . thank you to all those who read my story , ily😊😊💘💘