The Note | 20.0

Skylar's P.O.V.

"Hey, Skylar, you mind taking these supplies to Maggie for me? I think she wanted them." Carol handed me a box of what seemed to be a variety of gun parts.

"Um, sure, no problem." I took the box in my hands and worked my way towards Maggie.

"Thanks, Sky," she shouted from a distance. "Oh and tell her I need to talk to her."

I nodded my head and continued walking.

It was a pretty droopy day, and the mood wasn't too upbeat in Alexandria. Everybody just seemed a little more downer than usual, and seemed to move a little bit slower.

I wasn't really normal myself, I'd say I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed actually. But I can still happily say I had a slightly better mood than everybody else.

As I'm walking, struggling with the box in my arms, I spot Carl walking around, as if he had nothing to do with his life. It looked like he was talking to himself, while staring at his feet.

I decide to put down the box of gun parts, and walk towards him.

But on my way walking to him, I stop myself. I remember what happened yesterday, and how he acted. I don't really know what's wrong with him, and I don't want to make it any worse. I really care.

I see him quickly glance towards me, and then he looked away. Well he already seen me, so I decide to continue the rest of my way towards him.

I join him walking, "Hey Carl?"

He stays silent, still watching his feet as he walks.

"Carl? What is wrong? Are you okay?" I question him, looking deeply into his face.

Still silent.

It stays like this for the next 2 minutes.

"Carl!" I shout, stopping him and standing in front of him. "Tell me what's wrong! Now!"

He looks deeply into my eyes for a second, expressionless. Then he cups his hands around my shoulders and slowly moves me out of his path and keeps walking.

"Carl..." I say nearly above a whisper as he continues to walk away from me.

I huff, and walk back over to the box of gun parts and I continue to walk to Maggie.

~~~~~

"Maggie?" I ask as I softly knock on her window. "Can I come in?"

"Skylar? Oh, yeah, come in." She walked over to the door and opens it for me.

"Hi, um, Carol wanted me to give you this box. She said you wanted it?"

"Yeah, that's right," she gave me a genuine smile. "I just wanted to do something more productive today than just laying around, you know?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Make the most of this droopy day." I smiled and set the box down on a nearby table. "Well I'll see you around Maggie."

"See ya," she smiled. "Be safe."

"You too," I stopped in my tracks. "Oh, and Carol said she wanted to talk to you."

"Did she say what about?" Maggie placed her hands on her hips.

"Nah, just said that. I'm pretty sure it's nothing serious," I waved it off. "Don't worry."

"Aw thanks, Sky. See ya."

Maggie closed the door and I walked back towards my room to change. Some dumb juice from these berries splashed on my shirt.

~~~~~

Walking into my room, I see a piece of folded paper on my bed. I walked over, sat on the edge of my bed, and slowly opened it.

Written in small handwriting, the note said

im sorry that you didnt feel the same and sadly I couldnt say this directly

I'm totally confused of to who the letter might be from. I reminisce everything that happened in the past day.

Then I knew.

I walked over to Rachael's room.

~~~~~

"What is that on your shirt?" Rachael snorted.

"Shush," I closed her door. "Why would you write that note to me? You could've just said it to me, were family."

She rolled her eyes and snorted again. "What in the actual hell are you talking about?"

"You a wrote a note to me, basically saying 'I didn't agree to what you said' yesterday." I raised my eyebrows.

"Skylar, are you joking? Orrr?"

"Oh my god. Hold on."

I reached in my back pocket for the folded piece of paper. After I managed to get it out, I handed it to her.

"Explain that."

She studied the note as if it was homework and then looked back at me. "Ha, I didn't write this." She shook her head and passed it back to me.

My heart dropped. "Then... who could've wrote that? There's nobody else in mind."

"I can't think of nobody else, Sky. Sorry." She snorted into a laughing fit.

"Rache! You're playing around, this isn't funny! And neither was yesterday!" I raised my voice higher.

"Listen," she stopped laughing and lowered her tone. "I. Didn't. Write. That. Note."

At this point, I knew she wasn't lying. If it wasn't her? Then who was it?

Who would refuse to talk to me about my or their feelings? And who--

Wait.

Oh my god.

Really?

_________________

please vote and spread my story around i'd really appreciate it c:

thanks to those who read my story i love you <3

i'll be updating soon ;)