Mysterious Things | 21.0

Skylar's P.O.V.

I'm just sitting here.
On the edge of my bed.
Holding the paper in my hand.
Staring at the written words.

Could Carl really have wrote this to me? What did he mean "not feel the same way"?

I was completely puzzled of to why he wrote me this note, why ge felt this way, and didn't even bother to tell me himself. What's wrong? And my dumbass has no idea.

I fiddle with the piece of paper in my hand, scanning over the thoughts in my head.

I dropped the paper, "Fuck," I groaned and bent down to pick it up.

As I went to bend down, I seen a silhouette approaching the wall outside my door, but I didn't see anybody.

Walker? Can't be.

The shadow was just still and quiet. So I didn't hear anybody either.

"Hello?" I called out, slowly standing up and inserting the paper in my back pocket.

No answer.

I place my palm on the gun in my holster, slowly approaching ny bedroom door. I, then, stepped on a sturdy piece of wood on the floor, making a creaking sound.

"Shit," I whispered, looking down at my feet, shaming myself. Then looking back at the door.

The shadow was gone.

I run to my bedroom door and look outside in the hallway. There was no sign of anybody.

My heart was pumping and I had no idea who that was. It definitely seemed like an adult. But just by looking at the shadows, I couldn't tell who.

And a thought passed my mind.

It'd be awesome if it was Carl.

Carl's P.O.V.

I can't believe what I did to Skylar yesterday.

I'd never ignore her, and I'd always make eye contact with her eyes. Her beautiful emerald green eyes. But I did exactly the opposite of that, and I feel horrible. I can't imagine how she felt after I walked away from her.

I feel like I should apologize, and tell her how I feel. She seemed completely confused and I don't want her to misunderstand anything. I want her to know, but then I don't.

~~~~~

"Hey Carl, may you give this to Rachael for me?" That girl, Amy, said, handing me her satchel. "She left it here earlier."

"Um, sure thing."

"Thank you, didn't want anything happening to it." She flashed a smile at me and walked away.

I slowly walked towards Rachael and Skylar's place, placing the satchel around my shoulder. The weather was awfully humid, and I could feel the sweat dripping off my face.

In the corner of my eye, I seen Skylar. She was stocking away what seemed to be gun parts.

It felt really good just to stare at her like I used to. As hot as it was outside, she just seemed to never sweat in the sun. She just effortlessly completed her tasks, and she seemed happy doing it. I swear, I could watch her all day.

She turned around, carrying the box of gun parts in her arms. For a second, she seen me staring at her. She stopped in her tracks, gave me a quick look, and continued walking to where she was heading to.

I would've never knew that she wouldn't speak to me with me in her sight. She just walked away as if she didn't know me.

After all, I realized I kinda did the same thing to her before. That made me feel horrible. My dumbass should've spoke to her. Now after how I've been acting, she probably hates my guts, and really, she has every right to.

~~~~~

I approach Rachael's bedroom, knocking on the door.

"Yeah? Who is it?"

"Um, it's Carl," I say, placing my palm on my neck. "I have something here for you."

She quickly opened the door, before I could say anything, her eyes widened.

"How in the actual hell do you have my satchel?! How do you get it! I swear it was just right there..." She turned around pointing to the rear of her desk, her voice softening as she turned back to face me.

"Well, you know that girl Amy. She said you left your satchel there, and she didn't want anything happening to it."

"What? A-amy?"

Her cheeks tinted a bright red, "Yeah, her."

"What the hell is she talking about? I never even been a foot close to her since she came here."

"So...you think she made this up?" I asked nervously, handing her, her satchel.

"What else? Oh my god, she probably looked through my things," She ran to the edge of her bed, rummaging through her satchel. "What do they want?"

"That's just weird. Do you want me to confront her about this?"

"Well, just wait. I don't want things going down, especially too early," Her eyes widened again. "Wait a sec, I just realized something!"

"What?"

"Yesterday, Sky seen this note on her bed, but she doesn't know who it's from. It might be them Which is just even more confusing."

"Well actually..." I scratched my head. "Um--"

"It is?!" she shouted.

"Um, no. That note was from...me."

"What the-- why would you write that to her? What happened?"

I took a deep breath, and began to explain myself. "Well the other day, I told her... I think I loved her. Rachael, she's just such a beautiful girl, with a beautiful personality. With the world like this, she just brightens it up for me."

"Awww! But... What's bad about that?"

"Well she didn't really say anything back to me. She kinda just stayed...silent. And it was clear that she didn't feel the same way as I did. It broke me."

"What the hell is wrong with her? She does have feelings for you! Its obvious!"

"You think so?" My voice got higher in pitch.

"No. I know so. She better--"

"I need to apologize to her. She's definitely mad at me. I seem to have been avoiding her lately. And I really need to confront her."

"Carl, you do that, definitely," she stood up and patted my shoulder. "But I definitely to look out for Zack and Amy. They're up to something."

"Be careful, Rachael."

"I will. You too, bud. Good luck."

I gave her one last reassuring look before walking out of her room.

___________________________

AHHHH

okay so next chapter will be here soon , but things are getting spicy eh ?

thank you so much to who read and support my story , i really really really appreciate it c:

thank you soooooo much and i love you <3

oh and PeachyPeach1001 made me wanna definitely upload today c: thank you so much , im glad you like my story !