Skylar's Bedroom | 5.0

Carl's P.O.V.

Skylar tugged me over to her desk with a book on it. It had a beaten up, brown, leather cover with the letters 'S.I.P.' scratched in. Under that, 'THE APOCALYPSE' was scratched in in bold letters.

"S.I.P.?"

"My initials," she picked up the book. "Skylar Ivy Peretta."

"You have a pretty name," I gave her a genuine smile.

"Thank you," she smiled back at me. "Glad you like it," she let out a small chuckle.

"This is my journal," she stroked the cover. "All the things that happened since this all began, I write in here."

"What made you decide to do this?" I ask, looking deeply into her eyes, concerned.

"Well," she started. "It's not like I expect for this to be a #1 novel or anything, but, I like writing, and writing about my life and thoughts, helps me cope with my feelings better."

"I totally understand you," and I really did.

A wide smile stretched on her face, and before I knew it, she quickly hugged me. Tightly hugged me.

"Thank you," she squeezed tighter. "For understanding."

"No problem," and I hugged her back, wrapping my arms around her lower back.

We were hugging for a little too long. I didn't want to let go. But I guess she thought the hug was getting too long as well, and she decided to pull away. She sent me one last smile, and walked over to her bed. Counting down to three, she jumped on to her bed.

"Ooooohh," she snuggled under her covers. "My bed is sooo comfy."

"Looks like it."

"Wanna try it?" She asked, giving me a small smirk.

I hesitated before I answered. "Umm.."

"C'mon!! It's super comfy." She jumped up out of the covers and gestured towards the bed for me to climb in.

"Ugh, fine," I walked towards the bed and lied down. It was comfy. "Ooooohhh, yes..." I felt my eyes roll backwards as the wamrth of the blanket hovered over me.

"Haha, I told you," she laughed at me squirming me under her covers.

I was in her bed. Skylar's bed. Where she sleeps every night. Man, it was super comfy. It felt just like the good days, when mom would tuck me in before she turned my lights off, and then I'd quickly, peacefully fall asleep. It felt like heaven. I could sleep here all day. And---

~~~~~~

"Wake up!" Skylar alarmed me as she shouted in my ear.

"Oh my god, how long was I sleep?" I put my hat back on my head, then sitting up on her bed.

Skylar was hysterically laughing of how scared I was, and she couldn't stop. "Only for about fifteen minutes. I didn't bother to wake you up until now. Didn't want it to go into hours," she laughed again.

I barely could see, despite the fact I could only see out of my left eye, but because of the sun shining in my face. It was bright. Her window fully exposed, letting all the light in her room. I still couldn't see barely anything, besides her, and her glowing silhouette, as she sat at her desk in front of the window. Writing, I think she was doing. Her beautiful, green eyes, glowing from the sunlight, captured my stare.

"You okay?" She asked me, and laughed again.

"H-huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I snapped out my stare, and hopped out of her bed. She laughed again, at my stuttering.

"Watching you, almost made me fall asleep. You're snoring is adorable." She started to mock my snoring.

I snore? Well, she thinks it's adorable...I think.

I nudged her shoulder and rolled my eyes. "Shut it, S.I.P."

"What's your initials? She asked, looking into my eyes...eye, I meant.

"C.A.G., Carl Alexander Grimes," I looked down to my feet, ashamed it wasn't as cool sounding as hers.

"Coooooll," she clapped her hands, and let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Not as cool as yours.

"I like it," she furrowed her eyebrows into a concerned expression.

"Well, um," I looked into her eyes and smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem, C.A.G.," Skylar gave me a quick wink and slightly looked down. "Oh, and Mr. Grimes, your fly is down."

My eyes widened, I quickly turned around to zip up my pants. She laughed at me again, and we walked out of her room, and walked outside.

A/N, just so you know...

~ I'm sorry I used Alexander for his middle name. In TWD, it never mentioned his middle name (not that I think of) so I just made up one. Hope it's okay. Look forward to the next chapter. 😉

And there will be an important A/N in the next one, so make sure you read it.