Nonchalant To Magical | 24.0

- YOU MIGHT WANNA READ THE LAST CHAPTER TO RECAP DX

Skylar's P.O.V.

I woke up to the ray of sunshine slicing through my bedroom, that enhanced my mood significantly. It's crazy how the sun can make me feel so much better. It dismissed the crusty eyes I'm routined to gain every morning, and the resistant stretches I usually can't break out. Let's just say, everything about my existence this morning, was completely flexible. Yeah, flexible.

Even lately, I've just felt slightly more upbeat, more on the optimistic side of life. I guess I can say it's only because Carl and I are back to good terms. I love our friendship, and having it kinda crumble for a few seconds didn't feel quite right. And Carl, I could say he feels the same too.

But a vision, blurs me over. Just a little sliver of confusion zooms through my cluster of thoughts.

The kiss.

I kissed him. And despite everything else, it felt wonderful. But what if that kiss altered everything? Did it change the way we felt about each other? Then another thought popped in my thoughts.

Carl said he loved me. Carl ... loves me.

I'm only in a phase of confusion and I don't how to handle everything. But you shall never worry yourself too much right? Right, and that's exactly what I'm not going to do.

I finally pounce out of bed, looking through the minimal amount of shirts I have, and leaving the cargos I had on since I slept in them. I finally come across a black tank and I slip it on right over my head, and past my shoulders. After slipping on my boots, I decide to leave my excessively long hair down, because I'm just to lazy to even tie it up.

I walk out of my bedroom, closing my door behind me. I hear Rachael talking quietly downstairs, but with who? I, then, tip toe downstairs, elongating my neck to see a clearer view as I tip toe down the stairs. Sure enough, forgetting that I'm somewhat clumsy at times, I trip over my shoelace, and rapidly tumble down the stairs.

"Skylar?" then I hear outbursts of laughter. "Are you okay? HAHAHAHA!" I hear her repeat over and over again.

"No, actually I need to go to hospital, are you gonna take me?" I respond sarcastically. "OH, I forgot, I can't."

I dust off my bottoms, and finally look up to see Rachael and Carl snickering with their mouths covered by their palms.

"I hate you guys," I rolled my eyes. "I wouldn't laugh if it were you two falling down the stairs. I'd actually get up and assist." Ignoring their stares, I walked over and slumped down on the sofa.

I felt Carl's eye on me, staring me down. I pretended I didn't see him, and it seemed to work. His eye still on me, I gave up and reluctantly turned my gaze over to him.

"Oh, did you call my name?" I asked, pretending to just notice him.

"Oh, um, yeah, I wanted to, uh, know if you were okay."

"Yep. All swell." I cranked my head to it's previous position, away from Carl. And I still felt him staring.

He scooted closer to me, as I felt a huff of his cold breath on my shoulder. It gave me slight chills, sending tingles down my spine. I abruptly stood up and walked to the kitchen to get a cup of water. I figured I needed that after almost breaking my back. A few seconds later, I heard faint footsteps coming closer to me.

"What was that for?" Rachael asked, leaning against the woodworks with her her hands on her hips.

"What?" I blurted after a swallowing a gulp of water, still feeling the afterwash of liquid on my upper lip.