Chapter 27:

Louis’ POV

I just finished opening all of my birthday presents from everyone. As happy as I am that I have everyone I love around me I feel as though Anna isn’t here. Her pain medicine is really strong and I’m thankful she isn’t in pain, but I agree with Harry that it’s not fun seeing her almost locked in her own body.

I just carried her to bed, since she was falling asleep and I knew she would get better sleep in a bed then on the chair.

“I really don’t feel comfortable leaving London right now.” Harry said. Harry and his family were the only people left at my flat other then my mum, Dan, and sisters.

“I know you want to be with Anna right now, but the whole family is coming to Holmes Chapel to spend Christmas with you.” Anne said.

“There isn’t much you can do here Harry. She will be exactly as she was today for like two weeks.” Mum said to Harry. I understand how he feels about wanting to be close to Anna, but I know that he can’t really do much here. Shit, I can barely do anything for her and she is living with me.

“It’s not like you are dating.” Gemma said. I knew she didn’t mean it in a harsh way, but Harry took it that way.

“I don’t care Gemma. I love her and I don’t want to lose her again.” He snapped at her.

“Harry she wasn’t trying to be rude. Look I know you want to be here for Anna, but maybe the phrase ‘Distance makes the heart grow fonder’ will come into play. Maybe with you not around Anna will crave your love and attention during the next week that she will be begging you to take her back.” I said slightly exaggerating just to get him to go and spend time with his family. Anne, Robin, and Gemma finally realized that Anna didn’t cheat on Harry a year ago (just about) and that ‘Hany’ is meant to be together forever, so I didn’t want that to change just because Harry won’t leave Anna’s side right now.

“So you don’t want me here either. I thought of all people you would understand.” Harry snapped at me.

“Trust me I understand, but as you know Anna is out of it and doesn’t know where she is half the time. There is only a short amount of time during the day that she isn’t drugged up and is somewhat herself, so you should go and be with your family. She will be more like herself when you come back here. I will text you everyday and keep you updated.” I said to him. I saw Anne mouth a ‘thank you’ to me, so I just nodded my head slightly at her.

“Fine, but I’m going to go talk to her real quick.” Harry said after a few minutes of thinking about what I said.

“We will be in here.” Anne said.

Harry’s POV

I hate that I have to leave Anna right now, but I know Louis is right when he says I can’t really do much for her right now. I lightly knock on Anna’s door before opening it. I knew she was sleeping, but I just needed to tell her I love her and that I will be back soon. As I began closing the door behind me I heard Anna whisper something.

“What did you say?” I asked her. She didn’t say anything right away, but after a minute she started mumbling my name. A smile grew on my face until I heard her say something else.

“Harry p-please save me….. He does love me- NO! He loves me not you.” It was like she was having a conversation with someone obviously in the dream she is currently having.

HARRY PLEASE HELP ME!” Anna screamed. I jumped at her loud voice but quickly went up to her and gently shook her awake.

“Anna babe wake up.” I said as I continued to gently shake her fragile body. Her good eye flung open and scanned my face before she broke down into tears. She grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me close to her as she sobbed into the crook of my neck.