Chapter 36:

Anna’s POV

“Anna babe you need to get up. We have to leave in thirty minutes.” Harry said.

“I’m so sleepy though.” I whined. I heard him groan/laugh at me.

“Yeah, but today is your first day of work. Tomorrow we are heading to Brisbane AND tomorrow is your twenty first birthday!” Harry said trying to get me to get up. I sighed and sat up in bed so I was now face to face with Harry.

“I can just sleep until tomorrow.” I said. Harry looked me in the eyes and sighed.

“Your nervous about today aren’t you? That’s why you won’t get up.” Harry said. I looked down at my lap avoiding eye contact with him. I didn’t sleep last night I was so nervous about today. I’m not even nervous about the job I’m nervous about what comes with the job…..Ever since Harry and I have gotten back together I’ve been able to avoid fans, but starting today I will be around them ALL the time.

“You are great at fashion and you know the lads and I really good, so you know how to dress us, so what exactly are you nervous about cause I know that isn’t it?” Harry said.

“Fans.” I mumbled quietly.

“Anna I understand that you aren’t comfortable around the fans and you have every right not to be, but we are together and if we want to stay together you have to learn to deal with the fans.” Harry said while running his hands through his hair. Harry and I have had many conversations about how I feel about some of his fans. I don’t hate ALL of One Direction’s fans I just hate the ones that are rude and hateful to me even though they don’t know me at all.

“I know it’s just the first time in a while I will be around them.” I shrugged before getting out of the bed and beginning to walk over to the restroom.

“I’m not trying to start a fight with you Anna I’m just-“

“Harry I know it’s fine. I totally get where you are coming from. I’m just going to freshen myself up and get dressed and I will be ready to go in ten minutes.” I said before walking into the bathroom and closing and locking the door behind me.

Harry’s POV

I really wasn’t trying to start a fight with Anna, but it’s so frustrating that she NEVER wants to go out in public incase there are fans. She doesn’t mind a few fans, but if there is a risk of a lot of fans she won’t come with the lads and I. It makes it really hard to convince the fans that Anna and I are completely in love with each other when we are rarely ever seen out together. Louis told me to just let her stay at home and one day she will realize that she can’t live her life in fear of something that might not happen, but it’s easier said then done.

“Alright I’m ready.” Anna said coming out of the bathroom wearing jeans and a sweatshirt (cold in Australia)

“Alright let’s go.” I smiled at her and grabbed her hand and walked us out of our hotel room.

----------

Anna and I just arrived at the venue in Sydney for the lads show tonight. Louis and the rest of the guys are in the car behind Anna and mine. There are a couple hundred fans waiting for us at the back entrance of the venue. I felt Anna tense up beside me when she saw the amount of fans, so I grabbed her hand and gave it an encouraging squeeze.

“I won’t let anything happen to you I swear.” I whispered in her ear. She turned her head and looked me straight in the eyes; I could see the panic in her eyes.