Chapter 29:

Anna’s POV

I woke up to a weird noise in my left ear. I rolled over to see a sleeping Harry. The noise I heard was Harry snoring softly. I forgot how cute he looks when he is sleeping. I look over his shoulder to see it’s four in the morning. ‘Shit I feel asleep before midnight’ I said to myself. I wanted to kiss him when the clock struck midnight, but thanks to the hell my body has been through I physically couldn’t stay awake. I hate that I can’t really do much, but sit or lie down, eat, drink, and sleep ALL the damn time. I’m not really an active person, but being bed ridden is absolutely horrible. I want to be able to walk to the living room by myself without being carried or wheeled in. It got old real quick.

I was startled a bit when Harry stirred in his sleep, which caused a curl to fall in his face. I reached over and gently moved it out of his face. I just stared at his face and watched as his nose twitched every so often. I was surprised that things between Harry and I aren’t awkward in any way. I was expecting things to be awkward at first when or if we got back together, but they really aren’t.

“Stop staring at me it’s creepy.” Harry said groggily. I jumped a bit, since I wasn’t expecting to hear him say anything.

“Sorry.” I said shyly.

“I’m just teasing you. What time is it and why are you awake?” He asked me with his eyes closed.

“It’s four in the morning and I woke up and I couldn’t get back to sleep.” I said honestly.

“Did you have another nightmare?” He asked this time looking me in the eyes.

“No, actually your snoring woke me up. I guess I’m not used to it anymore.” I said. When his face fell from my comment I felt bad for saying it.

“I didn’t-“

“I know I just blame myself for everything that has happened.” He said sadly.

“I feel like I’m to blame in it too, so we are both to blame.” I compromised.

“What are you to blame for?” he asked me.

“I feel like maybe I should have forced you and the lads to listen to me when that picture came out. I should’ve fought instead of just moving to LA and avoiding the situation.” I told him.

“I don’t blame you for doing that though. We weren’t being fair and you had a great opportunity and we just gave you a reason to take it.” He said a lot more awake now.

“Do you think if we didn’t break up and me and Emily wouldn’t have started dating that Emily wouldn’t have gotten into our lives or do you think she would have still kidnapped you?” he asked me I can tell the question has been eating him alive for a while now I just didn’t want to bring it up and upset him. I took a moment to think of how I can word it to him so he finally understands that I don’t blame him.

“ A part of me thinks that If I didn’t break up with you and didn’t meet Emily maybe she wouldn’t have hurt you, but the other part of me knows that she would’ve hurt you whether we were broken up or not.” He added before i could say anything.

“Harry this is the last time I’m going to say this….. It’s not your fault! So for the love of god stop blaming yourself.” I snapped at him. I wasn’t trying to sound harsh, but I’m so sick of him blaming himself.

“She was going to hurt me whether or not we were together or not.” I added. He didn’t really say anything he just broke down in tears. Saying I was shocked is an understatement.

“I know, but I still feel so guilty.” He cried. I pulled his head into my chest and stroked his hair while ‘sshing’ him.

“I feel guilty for not trying to escape and get back to the ones I love. I put you all through hell by not trying to get out of there even when I probably had a good opportunity to.” I said while I continued to stroke his hair. His body tensed as I spoke, and before I knew it he was pulling away from me with anger and hurt evident in his eyes. The tears instantly stopped falling from his eyes.