Chapter 5- Him

I quickly recovered my self. I needed to clear my thoughts right now...

-Is it safe outside for me to go get a run?- I asked Madeline, hopeful that she would let me.

-Yes, my dear, but you haven't even ate breakfast... You can't risk yourself like you did at night.- she eyed me with a You-won't-go-out-until-you-have-eaten look.

I giggled a bit, giving so little importance to the prophecy all of a sudden. She behaved all motherly and so caring it made me just want to please her.

I took an apple and drank the glass of orange juice and then looked at her as a child would when begging his mother to let him out. She sighed and a small fought to escape my lips in victory.

-Alright, alright. Now you can leave Princess Kaylie.- I pouted at the title.

-Please, just call me Kaylie, or Kay.- she smiled, obviously touched.

-Whatever you wish, Prin... Kaylie.- I smiled and gave her a hug. She was obviously surprised by my actions, but returned the hug anyway.- Kaylie, just make sure you are here by noon, that is in like three hours. Prince Cedric is coming home from a large trip and I would like to introduce the whole Royal family to you again. Okay?

I nodded, as my wolf shivered at the prince's name. What was wrong with me these days?

-Uhm, actually, I was wondering if I could take a quick shower?- I was willing to refresh myself, although I did notice I was already a bit clean, maybe they had cleaned me while I was asleep.

-Sure, go, take this towel, I'll have your clothes ready.- I nodded to her response.

-Thank you, I won't be long.- I took the towel she was handing me, went to the bathroom and hurried as much as I could. I dressed myself with a pair of skinny jeans and a half arm lenght shirt that were on top of the bed and put on my comfy flats. Yep, I´m taking flats to the forest. Got a problem? Huh?

I was walked by a guard to the kitchen's back door and in the meantime I watched with detail my new temporary home. The place was huge, a bit larger than my pack's castle. The walls were all of a beige color, with some paintings and few mirrors on them, the halls had royal blue carpets, and the furniture had a nude tone, decorated with silver colored objects. The harmony of the colors and the humble appearance of its decoration didn't seem as one of the most powerful pack in the world. I guessed it was because I was going through the private family part. I could also tell their favorite color was blue.

I thanked the guard for guiding me and grinned as I went outside, loving the shades of green that covered everything. I walked towards some trees, undressing myself and tying my clothes to my ankles loose enough so they wouldn't be tore apart. I shifted and threw myself at the woods, enjoying every second of the run.

I let out a small howl of contentment. My family would be arriving this night, I knew they were good and safe. My pack was strong and hadn't had losses in battle in a long time. I had forgotten the king's problem, and honestly didn't care, I wouldn't go down without a fight.

My paws kept running until I found a small clearing with a small river going by. I sat myself on the ground, just a few inches away from the running water and contemplated my surroundings.

This place would have been classified as magical, perfect, the grass was lime green with some shades of darker green and there were flowers in small groups, spread all over the small clearing. I decided to shift back and put on my clothes to walk a bit around the place.

Crack!

I turned around, and my nose started sniffing the air, sensing the most wonderful scent there could be, it reminded me of fresh cut pinewood and cinnamon.... Just plain delicious.

There was another loud cracking, but I kept my nose attentive to the new scent, willing to find its source.

-Mine.- I heard the sexiest growl ever. I turned around quite quickly and contemplated the most gorgeous and attractive being on Earth. Black mid length hair, gorgeous ocean blue eyes, strong jawline, kissable lips, a toned body covered in a black V-neck shirt that screamed eight pack.

"Mate!" my wolf howled in joy. She was begging me to go and beg for him to mark me.

But I, though glad and cheerful about finding him, decided to make things more interesting.

This wasn't going to be that easy for him.

I smirked at him and ran.