Chapter 23- Power

King Darrian's POV

What was taking so long? I wanted my mate here. Now.

-Alpha, we've got bad news. The team we sent to get Princess Kaylie was caught and murdered.

I snapped my head up to look at the panting man, and growled.

Suddenly my hand was around his neck and I was holding him against a wall.

-WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY??- I snarled in anger.

He grew pale and started trembling under my touch.

-I-I-I... Th-h-he gr-group you s-sent... it was mu-murdered...- he had some trouble with getting the words out, so as soon as he finished I let him fall to his knees.

-I thought my orders were clear enough.- I mumbled and glared at him.

-Yes, sir, but our group was caught by surprise before the assault could be done. Apparently, part of the group went ahead a little bit earlier, causing an alert state in the Full Moon Pack. Apparently, they are already aware of the plans you have...

I growled loudly and let a low snarl.

Did I have to do everything myself??

-I want Princess Kaylie here before her wolf's birthday, which is in about five days.

-Sir, you have to kill Prince Cedric first before taking a claim on the Princess...- the lips of the man were trembling with each word he spoke.

-KAYLIE WILL BE MINE!! I WILL ERASE CEDRIC FROM THE MAP AND SHE WILL BE MINE! MINE ONLY!! AM I UNDERSTOOD??- I yelled at the now shaking and terrified man.

-Yes, sir.

-Now, go on and start organizing our troops and warriors, we will begin our march towards the Full Moon's territory. Start more intense practices and trainings. We need our warriors at their best.

-Sir, I don't want to give he wrong impression, but I think you might be forgetting what will happen on Princess Kaylie's wolf birthday...

I frowned.

-My Lord, she is the whole-blooded whit wolf the prophecy is about. She will gain powers, as Cedric will too, him being the Alpha of Alphas. She will not take your claim willingly, even if you kill the Prince first. She will be hurt, her rage will be extreme. You might end being killed by her.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

-You are dismissed. Leave now.- I ordered the man, who hurried his way out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I had forgotten about that small detail.

The change.

Kaylie would gain her powers and become invincible, and not only that. She would remain still a bit less powerful than her mate, I contained a growl, Cedric, who would be adquiring strong powers too.

But I was the rightful Alpha of Alphas!! I deserved to be King!!! After all I had gone through! I was supposed to be gifted with that title!

"Darrian, I know you want this. It hurts my ego in a big way, but Cedric's meant to be King! Kaylie isn't your mate!! Please wait and we will find her soon!!" my wolf begged.

"Don't you want the power?? The control?? Those titles are meant for us!! Think about everything that has been done to us!! We truly deserve it!! We had suffered a long time!! The Goddess ows this to us!!" I practically screamed into our bond.

"I know that what was done to us needs more than we will ever get to be repaired, but you will kill innocent wolves who are only looking to protect their families and packs!! And you might end getting both of us killed! Kaylie has found her mate! Let her go! She won't accept you in anyway, especially not after killing her true mate!! And besides, I am practically at Cedric's wolf service, for he is my King! You are only torturing yourself!!" He ranted, losing his patience.

"WE WILL WIN THIS AND KAYLIE WILL BE OUR LUNA!! WE WILL REIGN OVER THE WOLF KIND AND WE'LL MAKE THE OTHERS PAY FOR WHAT WAS DONE TO US!! WE WON'T BE THE ONLY ONES TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED! WE WILL SHOW THEM AND THAT'S FINAL!!" I heard my wolf whimper and retrieve back, being totally submissive to my tone. 

I turned to look at the window and exhaled, staring at the moon that was almost reaching the maximum level of power, being almost a full moon.

-I will find Kaylie, I will find what is rightfully mine and bring her here, to reign with me. You will pay for what you allowed, you will pay for what you had done to us in the past. I will win this and the werewolf kind will no longer adore you, but me.- I defied the Moon Goddess. My wolf whimpered and paced uneasily at the tone I used with his mother. Our mother. Or supposed mother.

They will all pay, I'll make sure of that.

Another commotion interrupted my thoughts and I turned around to watch as a group of five men entered the room, with serious expressions on their faces.

-The troops are ready, training will begin early in the morning and we will start marching at noon. Is that okay with you? My Lord?- they bowed briefly.

I smirked and nodded.

-Fine by me.- they nodded once and turned around to leave.

I went to stare at the moon again and sighed in contentment and satsifaction.

-I will get you, Kaylie. You'll see that together we will make great changes. We will change the course of our history. We will start a new bright future for our kind.

My smile grew wider and I headed to my bedroom, undressing myself and getting under the sheets, still thinking on how it all would be perfect once Kaylie was mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so, I found that this chapter was somehow published again incompletely and seriously grew angry.

Sorry about that, IDK what happened, but here it is again, somewhat different though.

Let me know what you think, okay?

I'm almost on finals so my teachers are getting quite scrupulous about our projects and yeah...

So, I'll do my best and still try to update each weekend:)

Sweet angels!! Like 9.2 K in votes!! Do you seriously like it that much??

I´m quite excited about that:D

Expect more soon!! ;)

-Stardust xx.