Chapter 32- Change

Kaylie's POV

"We need to go and help him." It had only been five minutes or so, but it was killing me on the inside to see Cedric fighting someone who had more experience that him.

"Kaylie, believe me, I want it as badly as you do, or even morse, but right now, I'm taking all of my energy into the process."

I sighed quietly. The change was draining me from my energy. I wouldn't be able to fight even if I wanted to.

I rested my back against the tree's branches, trying not to break them and make any kind of sound that might uncover me.

I watched as Cedric socked Darrian right in the eye, knocking him over just enough to get a safe distance between him and the monster.

-Do you want to know why? Why I want Kaylie as a mate so badly?- Darrian coughed up and I tensed myself, paying attention to what he would say next.

His words seemed to create doubt in Cedric, who hesitated to lunge at him and end him.

-Why I hate the Moon Goddess? Why I want to improve our race?- he hated the Moon Goddess?

-Having Kaylie as a mate would mean that the Goddess allowed me to have one of her special children. That I would always be protected. She cursed me, she cursed my family. Kaylie was a safe escape from this.

I gasped lightly at the new revelations. I thought he wanted me just to give him kids. To give him a safe source of power.

-Yes, I am cursed. My wolf is cursed. Cursed to become a monster every now and then. Having whole-blood in my descendants would stop this.

Monster?

"Monster? I've never heard of something like that before." I mind linked Cedric.

"Neither have I."

-Monster?- Cedric questioned, getting into a new defensive stance.

-Yes, a monster that comes out every now and then. In my case, I need to leave for a week every five years. Curiously, this day the monster is arriving again.- he chuckled. Yet, he didn't move.

-That's why I'm stronger, my monster is the reason why there are few whole-blooded wolves. To end us. Kaylie's mission is to kill me. Only she will be able to do so once the monster takes over completely. My family never liked obeying the Moon Goddess, never liked following anyone else. That's how we got to the throne of the Dark Moon pack. My ancestors killed the original Royal family, getting our blood-line cursed. One of the worst parts is that we have a rough time looking for our mates. Whole-blooded wolves began growing fewer and fewer to avoid the mating of one of us with them. We were meant to be cursed forever. Unless we forced a whole-blooded to turn into our mate, cleaning our blood-line. The Moon Goddess obviously wants to either banish us completely or let us live cursed forever.

I was taken aback by the new information.

-So, tonight the prophecy will take place. Kaylie will kill me and erase my blood-line forever, or I'll kill you and force Kaylie to have my pups... and I have no intention of dying tonight.

Cedric growled.

I began standing up, cringing when a branch broke under my foot.

Darrian tensed up and studied the forest, until he casually went to look directly at me.

-Seems like things will get more interesting then, Kay, why don't you come and watch the death of your beloved Cedric?

-Kaylie, don't even think about getting down here, go.