Chapter 28- Wrong move

Kaylie's POV

My nose started sniffing while my wolf began stirring at something.

My eyes opened, my body feeling stiff and sore, exhausted and drained from energy. But Lexi was telling me there was something else here.

-Princess, you're awake.- I held back the vomit as I heard his voice call me princess. Yes, I could stand it if I was called that because of the royal meaning, not in a sweet, lovelike tone. And this person was using it the lovelike way.

-What do you want?- my voice cracked, I was needing Cedric more than ever.

-What every mate wants, his other half.

-I'm not...- I felt a sting on my right cheek as my head snapped to the other side.

Oh no, he didn't.

I was weak now, and still I couldn't help but anger at him.

-You will be, want it or not, my Queen, I already told you. You will give me pups, make me King... and if you still don't cooperate... I'll have to kill everyone you love.

I remained silent, shivering and fighting to maintain control of myself... One more day, one more day and I would be able to defeat him completely.

My eyes closed while I worked on my breathing. Cedric, my parents, my brother, Viane, my packs...

He proceeded then to take me by an arm and drag me out of the room and towards a staircase that led down to a dark room.

-The hell are you taking me?- I snapped once I was pushed inside the room.

-You'll see.- he smirked and turned on a light.

I heard a groan and turned violently to search the source of the sound and gasped.

-Cedric!!.- I screamed when I saw him in a cell and ran for dear life to him.

Cedric's POV

-The hell are you taking me?- I heard the most beautiful voice snap. Kaylie..

-You'll see.- a deeper voice said before a light went on.

I groaned at the sudden impact of the light on my sight and shook my head to shake off the uncomfortable feeling. Kaylie was here, I would be able to hold her again.

-Cedric!!- I heard her voice call and her delicate footsteps hurried towards the cell in which they had me.

-Kaylie...- I whispered, still not able to believe the sight I had in front of me.

Her eyes shone with hope and love as she took in my appearance, which was rather messy right now. Her hair was messed up, her clothes were clean though, and I refrained a growl at the thought of Darrian changing her. Still, she was paler, skinnier. 

-What have you done to him??!- she yelled again, turning away from me, which allowed her shirt to rise a bit, showing she was patched up on one side.

-Kaylie.- I had risen and hurried towards her, extending my arm through the spaces between the cell's bars. I touched her wrapped skin and she let herself lean into my touch, to which I had to smile. The sparks were stronger than ever. 

-What happened to you??! Did he hurt you?!- I asked, worry filling up my tone.

-I'm okay, still healing from the battle... But what about you?? You look terrible...

"But still sexy as.." I cut off her mindlink, realizing we could link again.

"Kitten, do you realize something?" I asked her teasingly.