Chapter 8- Union

Still Cedric's POV

Goddess, she was perfect.

But the again, I had to go on and become a pessimist.

"Don't even dare to..." I shushed my wolf before he could make me feel worse about what I was about to say.

I saw her confusion, her head tilting to one side. Man, was she cute... I tried to clear my head once again. Ugh, I couldn't think properly. All I could think about was my gorgeous mate, standing close to me, my arm wrapped around her small waist... Gosh!! Cedric!! Focus!!

I immediately put a safe five meter distance between her and me, my wolf whimpering, wanting his mate back into his arms.

Her face paled with fear. She stared at me with worriedness and anguish... I couldn't stand to see her like that, and angered at myself for putting her in distress. I fought the desire and need to comfort her. But I needed to know.... I had to make sure...

-Sorry.... I-I don't u-understa-and...- she stuttered. I almost ran and hugged her.

Almost.

-Don't, I... just need to know something...- she waited, obviously not understanding.

I sighed. She seemed to understand, at last, and made a sound of relief.

Now it was my turn to be confused.

-You think I'm a rouge ,don't you? Yeah, I figured it out...- she whispered while I noticed she was debating with her wolf about something.

I sighed once again, this time in relief, as I heard her next words.

-I'm not a rogue, I'm from the White Moon ro-pack.- she stuttered a bit at her words, but I nodded in understandment.

-My father told me about your pack coming, where are the others though?- I walked towards her, taking her in my arms again. She wasn't a rouge, there was no problem now.

-They... got a bit behind, I had to protect... something of supposed value, as I was told.- she shook it off, as if it was nothing of importance. I nodded silently, enjoying the feeling of her body protected by mine. She snuggled closer to my chest and I buried my nose in her hair, inhaling her scent.

-Anyways, I don't want to ruin the moment, but I was told by Madeline that prince Cedric was coming home this afternoon, I should be back by then, she wants to introduce me first to the royal family....- she mumbled, not wanting to loosen her grip.

I contained a chuckle. She didn't recognize me at all, huh? Well... maybe she didn't even get to see pictures of me... considering she would be too young to remember her pack coming. Thinking of it... I didn't remember a thing myself...

I was about to say something when she looked in the direction of the castle a bit too concentrated. She frowned a bit and I touched her forehead, making her relax almost immediately.

I then decided to give her a surprise.

-Well, I also need to get back to the castle....-she looked at me, wondering.

-What? To the castle? Why?- I heard her question curiously. She didn't have the most minimum idea right? To clean myself and get ready to receive your pack, it's my duty, as prince and future heir... I was about to say so, but shut myself and decided to give her a thing to remember.

My wolf whined and grew angry at the thought of leaving our mate, unprotected and alone, but from her body constitution, I could make out she was a warrior... Meaning she had fought before... Had she gone hurt?? Had someone else hurt her?? The thought of it made my heart ache with pain and rage. I almost let a growl out.

I realized I hadn't answered her question.

-I need to fix a problem I have with someone there... I will meet you at the welcoming feast.- I winked at her and hugged her, kissing her lips and never wanting to let go.

She responded quickly and clinged onto my neck, opening her mouth just enough so I could reach out her tongue with mine.

I pulled both of us apart, hearing her whimper. The urgue of kissing her was already taking over me.

-Well then, I have to meet with my pack also...- she whispered sadly as I meet my forehead with hers.

It won't be long, just a couple hours... and you can always go to her room... I was calmed with these thoughts.

-Alright, then I should leave...- I began taking steps backwards, but got an idea.

-And I will walk you to the castle with me, that way I won't let you alone and you'll be ready to meet the royals.- her smile beamed and I swear I was just about to faint. And I'm a guy.

I took her in my arms, carrying her bridal style, not hearing her protests and clamings about how she could walk by herself.

I shushed her with a kiss and started talking about random things until we got to the castle.

I let her down then and told her to go inside, telling her that Madeline wasn't as patient as she seemed. She pecked my lips and smiled at me before hurrying to her bedroom, I suppose.

My eyes widened. I didn't even got her name!! Oh well, I guess I could wait until meeting her again.

"You dumbsack! I want her! She can't leave like that..." my wolf started ranting on about how she could get hurt, and I winced, but knew she was perfectly safe under the protection of our castle's guards and maids.

I went in and was greeted by the crushing hug of my mom. She was irradiating happiness.

-Oh my! Cedric! You're here! Gosh!! I was worried!! You should be home more often! You rarely even called! Oh, honey! I missed you!- let me tell you, a warrior's embrace was deathly, but a worried AND happy mother's one was worse...

I tried to breathe ine as much air as possible once I got out of her arms.

-It's good to be home, mom.- I smiled at her.- I really missed you guys too.

-You better have!- she laughed it off. She guided me to my bedroom, talking to me as we did and told me to dress up, that we were meeting someone important. She left afterwards.

I smiled, secretly whispering to myself I already knew who would it be. But... important?? Of course she was the most important thing in my life now, and I had sensed power in her aura... I shrugged and concentrated on taking a bath and dressing myself nicely.

I then left my room and headed to the throne room, where my parents and brother were already waiting for me. I greeted my father and brother, for my mom I had already met. We discussed some things about how we should make our packs and the White Moon's work together without any kind of fight or trouble. Then I mentioned I had found my mate and they got excited looks on their faces, wishing me the best and begging me to introduce her as soon as possible. My wolf chuckled on my insides, at the unintended joke.

-You'll meet her sooner than you expect.- question marks in their faces was all I got.

Her scent filled the whole room and I shot my head upstraight, willing to see her safe and sound.

And indeed she was, adding a shocked expression to her appearance. She was wearing a beautiful, dark blue, long night dress, fitting her perfectly from the top to midt hight, highlighting her awesome figure. It was hard not to drool all over. Her dark hair was down in perfect curls and I couldn't do anything but notice she had almost no makeup on. Perfect.

Madeline, who stood at one side of her, began talking.

-King and Alpha James, Queen and Luna Hailey, Prince Cedric.- I nodded at the mention of my title and name.- and Prince Derreck.

But then, she surprised me by smiling herself cheekily.

-I present to you, from the White Moon Royal family...-wait.. what? Royal?? She couldn't be...- Princess Kaylie.

What?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, sweet angels! That's Chapter 8!!

Liked it? Hated it?

Tell me what you think!!!

Next chapter is going to be a little... well I'll just tell you there's going to be a lot of teasing;)

To all of you who voted... THANK YOU! And to whoever reads this amateur story... THANKS TO YOU TOO!! <3

Comment! comment, comment, commentt!!!

Stardust out. Working hard on the next one;)

-Stardust xx.