Chapter 16- Busted

Kaylie's POV

I sighed both in relief and exasperation.

I was hoping he didn't notice we weren't at the castle, yet I was relieved he was okay. We got our things and put them in the car, so we could walk around the mall freely.

-Everything's okay? Shawn mindlinked me and explained.- Viane had such a worried expression that I decided it was enough shopping for a day.

-Yes, don't worry about me, it just took me by surprise...-my nose began sniffing the air and my eyes widened. I turned around and searched for the smell's origin.

Sweet baby Jesus

-Viane... we have company.- I pointed towards three royal guards, all dressed in dark, fitty clothes. They looked worried, probably because they lost their future Lunas... and Alpha blood surely reached a boiling point when it came to their mates getting hurt...

-I thought we were careful? They shouldn't have noticed we were gone...-she whispered-shouted as we tried to hide ourselves behind some strange sign.

-I honestly don't know how they did notice... unless...- I trailed off and immediately palmfaced myself.

-What?- Viane questioned.

-Our scent must have guided them, we didn't fly towards the car after all, someone on patrol must have caught them... they probably followed the car's wheel marks.

She huffed.

-Next time we are going Mission Impossible way...

I tried to hold back my laughter, clasping my hand to my mouth.

-Shhh, I think they caught our scent again.- I stopped laughing and peeked around the sign, earning three pairs of concentrated eyes. Uh-oh.

My smile quickly left my face.

-We should try and run... as fast as we can... I know two of them from my pack... and they're pretty fast...

I should have guessed they would send Trevor and Leo to get us. The other one I didn't recognize, probably a Full Moon member.

-Kay...they started moving towards us... we should probably test our speed... now.

I nodded once and signaled her to run in the opposite direction.

"Kaylie! Come back! We need to take you guys back to the castle! Cedric and Shawn won't be happy about this!" I rolled my eyes, not stopping or slowing down once. We had reached the parking lot once again, but unfortunately for us, male werewolves were faster than females most of the time, and Leo and Trevor were our main trackers, both because of their speed and smelling abilities.

We were about ten meters away from the car when we got swept off and got carried to a black Mustang.

-Jesus Christ Leo! Put us down guys! Our bags are in the other car!!- we shrieked and kicked.

-It won't matter once Cedric and Shawn are back... you aren't getting out of this one Kay.- my eyes got as big as plates.

We are soo dead..

-Please don't tell them!! Ugh! Just make sure to take the other car!-I begged once they settled us down on the back seats of the car.

-Don't worry about it, Henry is taking care of that one.- Trevor was the once to answer my plead.

I pouted. It was probably the last time I would be able to drive like that.

-You won't tell them, will you?- I made sure t use my puppy eyes that had saved my life a lot of times before.