Chapter 31- Healing

Kaylie's POV 

This was seriously a nightmare. It had to be.

"Oh please, Kay, this isn't a nightmare. I'm changing, just as you are, our body however is weak. I'm working on that." Lexi tried to calm me down, but I couldn't help it.

The pain was just too much. Even worse than heat, and that had been hell.

I kept thrashing around in the bed once Cedric was gone, not wanting him to see how much it really hurt. The pain was driving me insane.

And still, I couldn't help but want to go and help, even knowing that I would probably would mess things up in my condition. Maybe I could distract Darrian and help Cedric kill him for once and for all.

"It's not a bad idea, but you are risking our health, we are almost ready for the true change." my wolf whined at our inability to make up our minds.

I tried mindlinking with Viane.

"Viane? Are you there?" I asked, noticing she was completely focused on the battle.

"Kaylie? Oh thank the Goddess you are alright!! What's the matter??" she questioned.

I thought about it for a second and decided to go on with the plan.

"I need you to come here as fast as you can." I whimpered as another bolt of pain struck my sides and chest. Damn these healing processes. They shouldn't be this painful.

"Working on it." she managed to say as she cut off the link.

I sighed and decided to wait just a little bit more. I arched my back and panted.

"Almost done with the healing process, I'm trying my best so it is as fast as it can be." 

"Thanks, Lex. Not to be pushy, but how much do you think this will last?" I was now sweating and gasping.

"About five or ten minutes." wow, that was really fast. The doctor said I would need at least ten hours...

"Lex!! How are you managing to do so??" 

"Don't ever underestimate me, I'm whole-blooded, remember? WE are whole-blooded." geez, thanks for reminding me.

A sudden slam was heard and my eyes snapped towards the door.

Shit. Had they found me? I wasn't ready to fight, not yet.

There was more banging until the door gave in.

I sighed in relief as I watched Viane's panting figure.

-You better make it up for me, Kay.- she chuckled as she tackled me in the biggest hug (besides Ced's) I had recieved in a while.

-I missed you too, Viane.- I laughed as she pouted and then went serious again.

-Okay, so now, what are you planning, I'm guessing it doesn't involve you staying around sitting and doing nothing.- she made that look that she used to tell me she guessed right.

-Yup, I'm definitely not letting Cedric do this alone, Viane, it's my family, my mate, my brother, YOUR mate, our packs out there who are fighting for me. ALL BECAUSE OF ME!!- I was trying to hold back the tears as the pain kept on stricking me merciless.

-Kaylie, calm down, you're letting you wolf take over...- I snarled and got up from the bed.

Suddenly, I felt no pain. I felt every part of me get strong again. I was no longer weak or hurt or injured.