Chapter 15- Distractions

Kaylie's POV

"Take it with ease, maybe, just maybe, he is able to focus better without us... Even though we know we could help him A LOT." I tried calming her down.

"We had fought many other wolves, Kay, I'm sure they wouldn't stand a chance... Just Cedric would be able to annihilate them!!" yep, she was being difficult and all cocky. My wolf, ladies and gents.

I rolled my eyes.

Cedric had already left, and it was killing me inside. I wanted to go with him so badly!! My wolf kept whining and complaining at me, wanting to get her mate back. That didn't take her cocky side away. I had one sweetheart of a wolf..

"Heard that." she growled.

"Meant that." I smiled. It was just too fun to mess with your wolf, she knew I was joking and that I loved her to death.

"I know you do! I love you too Kay!!!" gosh, sugarcoat mode on.

"You're seriously bipolar." I laughed at her sudden mood change.

I had been hanging out with Viane at my room, but the sleepyhead decided to show some honor to her new nickname.

Yep. She fell asleep. In her wolf form. In MY BEDROOM. I laughed at her. She seriously looked cute, her breathing peaceful, her wolf curled up in a ball.

We were showing off our wolves to each other, me being first, trying to distract ourselves from the fact that our mates had gone to a fight. She had been too lazy to go back into her human form, so she decided to take a nap on my carpeted floor.

My mind started wondering about every single thing that had happened in such a short time. I had found my mate, found out a King wanted me, that I was chosen to have some sort of powers, that Cedric and I would rule over the werewolves one day. A few days ago I would be freaking out and in denial. But it seemed just right. It seemed as if I had known for a long time...

And now I was going into heat in three days. It was a normal thing. Females would usually go into it three days after being marked. I had been told about it, it was painful, really painful. I was afraid, I was afraid I wouldn't be good enough for Cedric. What if I messed up?? And, in a minor scale, I was afraid of the pain I would have to go through and what could possibly happen. There were... accidents, sometimes.

And believe me when I say that they aren't pleasant for anyone around a female in heat. They can turn either really aggressive, meaning anyone who steps in their way might get seriously injured, or they can be extremely horny, turning every single male into an easy prey. Not mentioning the change in the scent, which begins driving every male to her.

I shuddered and tried mindlinking Cedric.

"Cedric?" I hoped he had heard me, I was missing his voice so damn much!

"Sweetie? Kitten?" Aww, he called me kitten!!! Okay, no fangirling Kay, focus on his voice.

"Are you okay?? You aren't hurt, are you?? I could come back immediately..." I cut him off.

"It's nothing major, babe, I'm just missing you a lot." I whimpered and facepalmed myself. He shouldn't have any kind of distractions.

"I miss you too, Kay, baby, but those pups deserve to be punished for trying to hurt you..." he began growling.

Oh dear. Possessive, over protective Alpha mode on... And yes, he did sound as an Alpha, even though we hadn't taken the titles yet...

"Calm yourself down, you need to be focused on the problem, just checking on you. Be safe." I tried to hold back my sobs.

" YOU be safe." I rolled my eyes, wanting to laugh.

"It's you who's going to fight, Ced, no need to worry about me."

He sighed, frustrated.

"Bye, sweetie, gotta go now. I love you so much, Kay." I gasped. It was the first time he said he loved me, even though I already knew it, it was just so touching to hear it. Cedric, my mate, my soul mate, loves me. And Lexi was just jumping on joy.

"I love you more, please be careful." I tried not to break down and run to meet him.

That was our conversation. I just missed him so much!! And I was a bit pissed off, as my wolf, about not completing the mating process yet.

I sighed, letting myself fall on my back against the soft bed sheets once again. I played with my hair, braiding it randomly and undoing it. It wasn't until two hours later that Viane woke up and shifted back. We remained silent for some minutes, trying to get back to reality. It was pretty early now, since the fight and our mates leaving occurred before a new day's sunrise. They didn't wait, they wanted this finished as soon as possible.

-So, since we are on our own, with guards all around the castle... It's going to be really hard to do anything fun.- Viane snapped me back from my thoughts, scrunching her nose, hiding a smile.

-We could always try and escape.- I smiled with mischief.

-So what is the plan, Princess Kaylie?- she mocked, already knowing I didn't like to be called a Princess.

-I really want to go to a mall that's around here, it was left by the humans, so it now belongs to us.- she suggested.

I hadn't gone shopping in a long time, it might be useful for my distraction from Cedric being in danger...

-The mall it is.- I winked to her, earning a blinding smile of pearl whites, and a small squeal.

-Yay!!!- I shushed her immediately.

"We should try to escape first." I nodded a bit to emphasize my mind link.

She shook her head yes, smiling widely.

"Okay, so I'm guessing the front and principal entrances must be patched up with guards, we must avoid them, maybe a window..."

"Oh, this is going to be fun..."
she winked at me, grinning widely.

"Oh you bet it will be." I grinned back.

We set off and opened my bedroom's window, searching for guards or possible witnesses that might give us away.

"Coast is clear."

"Here we go!!"
I jumped out and landed swiftly on my feet, making no noise. We remained crouched down, in case there was someone walking around.

We breathed steadily, quietly, while we got near a building that had the looks of a garage. We went around it and my mouth fell to the ground.

"Nice." Viane was excited too.

Audis, Mercedez, Ferraris... you mention it. The garage was packed up with sporty cars. What a beautiful collection... I guessed each pack member had one of these...

I almost squealed in excitement.

We exchanged glances, grabbing the first pair of keys there was on the wall. I looked at the logo and my eyes flew across the Ferraris line. I had a thing for Ferraris. They were just amazing!!

I pressed the lock button and ran to a pretty F430. I jumped in the driver's seat and hurried Viane, who was staring at a Mercedez Mclaren. Good car, I must admit.

"C'mon!! Hurry or we will be caught!" she nodded quickly snapping out of her trance.

The purring of the starting engine gave me goosebumps, enjoying every second of it. I pressed on the gas and off we went.

I couldn't stop smiling all the way. It just felt so good!! I hadn't had the chance to drive, since our pack decided we could use some excercise to get to the Full Moon's pack territory. I missed my car, a small TT from Audi.

We were silent, just listening to the engine and watching the landscapes of the road we chose, not wanting to be seen.

-We're here.- I finally announced, earning a couple of squeals from Viane, as we got out of the car. Several guys stood there admiring the car, while others decided we were a better view. I rolled my eyes at them, seriously? Like, dude, I can see you drooling all over us!!

We tried to blend in the crowd, not an easy task after our grand entrance. I sighed. There were some of the wolves that attended to the feast, to which I nodded and instructed to not tell anything about me being there. There were no humans, obviously, all of them had left, but still my looks, my identity remained a secret to protect me from any traitor or spy.

-Kay!!! Look at this!!! Do you think Shawn would like it??- Viane yanked me by the arm, making me let a low groan.

-Viane, you're gorgeous, you surely would look amazing in anything. Girl! You've got an incredible figure to show off! And yes, that would certainly look good on you.- seriously, what was it with this girl and self-consciousness??

She smiled sheepishly.

-I'm sorry, it's just... I want to be fit for my role as your bother's mate.- she mumbled.

I looked at her, wondering how was she able to doubt of herself that much.

-You're perfect, you have amazing taste, and you will make an excellent Luna for my brother. You'll be one of the designed couples Cedric and I choose to help us.- I gave her a hug and smiled reassuringly.

Yup, we needed to go shopping to distract ourselves. We strutted to five or more shops, trying on everything and laughing about random things and themes. But suddenly I felt an excruciating pain on my chest.

I gasped.

Whatever I had on my hands fell to the floor. The world started spinning, my lungs seemed to grow smaller, there wasn't enough air.

"Mate, mate..." my wolf was going crazy. Her mate, our mate, was being hurt.

"Cedric?? Please answer me!! What's going on??" I whimpered, my hands pressing on my head. Viane had a similar look, confusion mixing up with her fear and pain.

"Calm down, baby, kitten, it's alright. Shawn pushed me and I hit myself on the chest. There was a lonely rouge around and decided it was smart to attack us." My breathing went back to its normal rate. They were alright, my brother and my mate were alright.

"Worrying a bit too much, I should guess?" he mocked me.

"Yes, I am! You wouldn't let me come! Just ask Shawn to show you my fighting skills!!" I whined.

There was a long pause, and I started to panic about him getting mad.

"Sweetie? We gotta go, we are already close to our objectives. I'll let you know what happens okay? It seems like it wasn't that much of a long distance after all. I love you, Kaylie. I miss you a lot." he sighed.

"I miss you too, but please be careful. I wouldn't stand to feel or see you hurt." I pleaded.

I wanted him with me, I wanted to feel his arms wrap around me protectively. I missed his possessiveness. His scent, to which I had became adict. His eyes, that had me hypnotized. His lips.... I wanted all of him. I wanted his sweetness, his care, his touch. Everything.

"I will."

And he was gone.

So much for trying to distract myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet angels! I'm a bit slow, I know!

I promise this isn't the best you will get yet ;) The next chapter will be PRETTY intense, I hopeXD

ANYWAYS... YOU ARE THE BEST I SWEAR!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your votes and reads!!

Working hard!! I promise!!

-Stardust xx.