Chapter 1 - A bad or a good impression?

- Date XX/Month YY/Year 20ZZ -
At Geodonlune Highschool

*Ding-dong ding-dong*

Professor Schuyler: Alright this is the end of the year. I hope that you won't forget your summer homework. You may dismiss.

After the professor's announcement, the students stood up and chatted about their summer plans, except one girl - Liz Izumi

Amelia: Hey Liz! Wassup? You don't look excited about summer at all!

Amelia was Liz's best friend at school, but they didn't study in the same class. So as soon as the bell rang, she came to Liz's class as usual.

Liz: Ahhhh! How can I feel excited about it?! I don't even have enough money to come homeee!

Liz stumbled on her desk in defeat.

Liz: Haahhhhhhhhh... I guess I need to find a job for this summer.

Amelia: Fighting Liz! I know you can do it!

Liz: Haha thanks. Do you have any plan for summer, Amelia?

Amelia: I'm going home to meet my family!

Liz: Aww what a shame that you won't be here with me, but have fun anyways!

Amelia: Teehee~ You should have some fun too!

Liz: Okay, I'll try my best. It's getting late now, shall we go back?

Amelia: Okay!

Liz took her bag and stood up and walked with Amelia back.

Amelia: Hey you know the "Lady Contest" which is held once every year?

Liz: Hmm...never heard of it?

Amelia: Whatttt?? It's so popular and yet you don't know?!!

Liz: S-Sorry but I don't know....

Amelia: Okay! Let me explain it to you! "The Lady Contest" - held once a year, is a contest where all beautiful ladies from rich families participate to show their beauty and talents. The winner is not only awarded the title "The Elegant Lady" but also bring pride and position to her family.

Liz: Ohhh.... That sounds incredible..

Amelia: Isn't it?! Right now the Goldstein family is holding the first place with Miss Elaine! She has a 5-winning streak! Ahhh~ She's beautiful and perfect from her appearance and personality~

Liz: Hehe you sure are a fan of her.

Amelia : Of course! I bet you're gonna fall for her since the first glance!

They kept chatting until they reached a crossing.

Amelia: Ah! Here's where I go home! I want to chat with you more....

Liz: Hehe you can tell me about it when summer's over. I'm looking forward to hearing about your summer too!

Amelia: Okay! Bye Liz! See you after summer!