Chapter 12 - A Trip With Klaus

- Date XX/ Month YY/ Year 20ZZ -
Liz lost her consciousness when she was pushed down the staircase. The next morning, Liz slowly regained her senses as she opened her eyes, only to find a familiar ceiling.

Liz: ..Ugh... This is....my room..?

Liz's body felt heavy as a weight was on top of her. She tried to move but it failed. She could barely feel anything expect a warmth coming from her left hand while laying on the bed.

Liz: (..Why am I here?.. What happened?...)

Liz searched her memory for what had happened.

Liz: (Ah...that's right.. I remembered being pushed by someone...)

Liz rolled her eyes around the room amd found a familiar figure laying next to her.

Liz: (....Huh...? Klaus...? What's he doing here?...)

Klaus was sitting on a chair next to her bed while resting his head on the bed, his hand was holding Liz's hand tightly. Klaus breath softly as he his eyes was closed.
Liz was surprised to see Klaus at first but then she grew cozy and warm inside.

Liz: (Has he been here all this time..?)

Liz rolled over and gently stroked his hair. Suddenly, Klaus grabbed her hand and opened his eyes.

Liz: K-Klaus??

Then he sat up and and leaned closer to Liz's face, which made Liz startled.

Klaus: Are you okay? Do you feel hurt anywhere?

Liz: N-No...I'm fine..

Klaus: ...Good.

Klaus suddenly pulled Liz into his arms and embraced her tightly.

Liz: K-Klaus!

Liz tried to push him away but she noticed that the way he embraced her was so gentle but tight, as if he was holding a treasure. Klaus' shoulders also trembled a little.

Klaus: I thought my heart would give out when I heard that you fell down the stairs from Elias... Luckily, the doctor said that you only twisted your ankle.

Liz: Klaus...

Klaus: ...Honestly..don't scare me like that.

Liz: *chuckle* I'm sorry to have made you worried...

Liz wrapped her arms around his back to return his kindness. Then he moved away from Liz peered into her eyes. He careess her cheek as he moved his face closer to Liz's.

Liz: !!

Just as their lips were about to touch, Liz turned her head away and changed the subject.

Liz: T-That's right Klaus! D-Did you take care of me all night?

Klaus: ..... Yes, I did.

Klaus stood up and fixed his clothes. Liz's heart was still beating so fast that it could burst out any moment.

Liz: (..W-Was he trying to....?)