Chapter 10 - The Ignition

- Date XX/ Month YY/ Year 20ZZ -
After taking Sigurd's lesson, Liz said goodbye to Sigurd and went to the dining room to have lunch with a troubled mind.
Stooding before the door, Liz knocked on the door before timidly walked in.

Liz: Excuse me...

Walter Goldstein: What's wrong Liz?

Klaus & Elias' mother: Yes dear. Don't just stand there. Come on and take your seat~

Liz: Y-Yes...

Liz got to her seat and looked around the table. It seemed that Klaus wasn't there then.

Liz: Umm...where is Klaus..?

Walter Goldstein: I've had him go some errands for me so he won't be having lunch with us today.

Liz: I-Is that so..

Liz: (Phew thank goodness... I'm not ready to face him yet....)

Liz accidentally let out a small sigh of relief, which made Klaus & Elias' mother notice.

Klaus & Elias' mother: What's wrong dear? Why did you sigh?

Walter Goldstein: Did you fight with Klaus?

Liz: N-No, we didn't! Nothing happened! Haha...

Liz put on a fake smile, tried not to look suspicious. She picked up the glass of water and took a sip to cool her thoughts.

Klaus & Elias' mother: Oh? Or are you feeling lonely that Klaus isn't here?~

Liz almost choked on her water when she heard that.

Liz: *cough* ...Huh? Y..Yeah? I guess...

Walter Goldstein: Hahaha! Is that so? I see that you two are getting along very well!

Klaus & Elias' mother: *chuckle* Oh my~

Walter's laugh filled the room as Liz shrugged her shoulders in defeat. She began to eat her lunch while not pay attention to them.

........
As they had finished having lunch, Liz was on her way back to the ball room when Elias called back to her.

Elias: Miss Izumi.

Liz turned around and greet Elias.

Liz: Oh Elias. Do you need something?

Elias: I'm sorry to stop you but...did Klaus do something wrong?

Liz: H-Huh? I-I said that nothing happened right! Everything is fine!

Elias: ...Is that so? It doesn't look fine to me. It's written all over your face.

Liz: Ugh..

Elias: ..I don't know what happened but...please don't mad at Klaus.