Chapter 19 - "Love"

The sudden meet with Miss Elaine, her superior, has drifted all the confidence earlier off her face. She cast her eyes to the ground, her tiny shoulders slightly trembled as she grasped the fabric of her dress, trying not to show her anxiety. That didn't escape Klaus' sight, either.

MC: Okay! That's all for the introduction! Let us start the first round of the contest!

A thunderous applause triggered as they heard the contest was about to start.

MC: Miss Elaine will be the one announcing the first round topic! If you please, Miss Elaine.

Elaine: Thank you. In the first round, you will go to the dressing room and find yourself an outfit that match with the theme, and then return to the stage in 30 minutes. Now then, I'll give you the theme myself.

Everyone held their breath, waiting for Elaine's announcement.

Elaine: The theme is...."Love".

Everyone was shocked hearing the theme, they started chattering and looked at Elaine with a puzzle look. The MC quietened the noises down.

MC: Ohh, how interesting! No further ado, the first round.....begin!

At the MC's declaration, a large clock appeared on the screen with a loud beep sound.

MC: Okay! The clock will start counting down after you've gathered at the dressing room.

The contestants quickly coming to the backstage to go to the dressing room. On the way, Klaus stopped Liz and talked to her.

Klaus: Liz, I can't go with you any further. I'll be watching you from the seats.

Liz: O-Oh...right... You won't...be here..

Liz looked sadly.

Klaus: *sigh* ..Don't think too much.

Liz: Huh?

Klaus suddenly took Liz's hand and looked into her eyes.

Liz: K-Klaus?

Klaus: ..You'll be fine. I know it. Just act normal like usual.

Liz: ...But Miss Elaine is here...

Klaus: Miss Elaine is Miss Elaine. And you are you. No one can replace my precious Liz.

Klaus flashed Liz a confidential grin, which made Liz blushed.

Klaus: You're air-head, clumsy and sometimes act like an idiot.

Liz: Ugh...

Klaus: ...But you're strong, you always work harder than anyone so everything will be fine. I'm sure of it. So raise your head and take pride in yourself.

Liz: Klaus...

Klaus: ..Although I won't be with you throughout the contest, but I'll be watching you all the time. So don't disappoint me.

Liz: M-Meanie! D-Don't make me nervous again!

Klaus: Oh..?

Klaus suddenly bent down and placed a kiss on her forehead, despite everyone's staring. When his lips moved away, the warmth from the kiss soon spread through Liz's face, as she blushed madly.