Chapter 22 - The Final Round

Having turned the table, Liz entered the final round of the contest. The only contestants who survived were Kate, Chica and Liz. A fierce battle was about to begin...

MC: At last! This is the final round! Ohhh, I'm so excited! In the last round, each participant will have some tea time with one of the judges while answering some questions! Sounds simple, right? I hope it is! We'll start from Lady Chica first! The others please wait at the backstage.

Chica: ...

Chica slowly walked forward and waved lovingly at Sigurd.

Chica: Prince Sigurd!~ Make sure to cheer for me okay?~

Sigurd's smile gave her some encouragement and determination. Liz watched Chica happily squirmed with heart-shapes in her eyes.

Liz: Haha...Chica sure loves Sigurd..

Kate: ...How lame.

Liz: Huh?

Liz turned around to the voice behind her, to see Kate was standing beside her, crossing her arms. Noticing Liz's gaze, Kate threw a cold glare at her, which made Liz creep out.

Liz: W-What do you mean?

Kate: ...I mean love is boring. It shouldn't even be existed on this world...

Liz: But...you did well in the first round, didn't you? Then you must have someone you love too...

Kate paused for a moment before walking away.

Kate: .....It's none of your business.

Liz: O-Okay...

Kate: .....

Liz turned back to the contest, it looked like Chica's judge was Vincent. She easily passed through all the questions while drinking tea in her cute manners. Vincent looked quite pleased with her performance.
Next was Kate's turn with Sir Randolph. Unlike Chica, who was cutely smiled all the time, Kate gave out a cold but confident aura while patiently showed her manners and knowledge. She must have been gone through lots of well-trained lessons to behave like that, she even surprised Randolph a bit.

And finally...

MC: ...And now it's time for our first-place lady, Miss Liz! Please step on the stage, Miss!

Liz: (Y-Yikes! It's my turn...h-hopefully I won't forget anything Klaus taught me..)

Liz pased through Kate, who was returning to the backstage, while went on the stage.

Kate: .....You better watch out for your identity...

Liz: ...Huh?...

Liz stopped walking and shot her eyes open at Kate's smirk before she walked away.

Liz: (...My...identity...? D..Does she mean...? No way...right...?)

Cold sweats fell on Liz's forehead as she stood there, dumbfounded, only snapped back to reality when the MC called her again.

2 Fates, 1 Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें