Chapter 17 - An Unexpected Gift

- Date XX/ Month YY/ Year 20ZZ -
After breakfast, Liz went to the ball room to review her lessons with Sigurd. They were dancing the tango then. After the music stopped, Sigurd stopped and peered into Liz's face.

Sigurd: Hmm....

Liz: W-What's wrong? Did I took a wrong step?

Sigurd: Hmm...no..your steps were perfect.. It's just that..I got the feeling that your steps are weak today. Are you tired?

Liz: N-No, I'm fine! Maybe it's your imagination...haha...

Sigurd: Is that so? Then, tell me if you're tired, okay? *smile*

Liz: O-Okay!

Liz gave Sigurd an awkward smile, trying to be positive. Then they went back to the revision.

Liz: (I can't possibly tell him that I'm tired because of Klaus....)

Liz was doing fine with Cerim's lessons, since she can rest and have some tea.
After lunch, Liz went to Azusa's. Since she was made to stand in an uncomfortable pose, Liz's legs were still a bit sore, so she had difficulty sitting on her knees then. It also affected the way she make green tea. Azusa was displeased to see her inelegant performance.

Azusa: ...What's the meaning of this?

Liz: Eep!! I-I'm sorry!!

Azusa's cold glare sent shivers down her spine as she knelt down with her forehead touched the ground.

Azusa: ..So? Don't tell me you're still tired from the trip.

Liz: U-Umh....y-yes...

Liz put up a lie.

Randy: Now now Azusa! You're scaring the poor little girl!

Just then Randy came in through the window and sat down next to Liz.

Randy: You can't blame her like that Azusa! Her leg just healed so you shouldn't go so hard on her, right?

Randy looked at Liz and winked, Liz awkwardly nodded and smiled.

Liz: Y-Yes!

Randy: Hmm?

Randy suddenly leaned closer to Liz and looked at her from top to bottom.

Liz: R-Randy? W-What's wrong?

Liz was confused at Randy's strange look when suddenly he closed his eyes and pulled away from Liz.

Randy: ...So that's why.

Liz: W-What?

Once again, Randy looked into Liz's eyes and maturely grinned.

Randy: ..You're no longer pure...right?

Liz: H-Huhh??

Liz blushed from ear to ear, knowing what he meant.