5

Avery's POV

After walking to my English class for five minutes I checked the time to see class had already started. 30 minutes ago.

I knock loudly on the door before opening it with a BANG! I looked to see the whole class jump in surprise and even the old lady stood at the front.

"Hey I'm Avery Quinn" I said with a fake smile.

"Your late" she stated with a bored voice. The lady looked like she was going to fall asleep any second! I could tell this would be a boring class.

"Thank you captain obvious." I stated rudely to her. She looked surprised but was about to speak before I raised my palm and said sassily "I'll find my own seat. Thank you for nothing. "

I turned to the class to see half of them snickering and the other half in shock. Guess no one ever stood up to her? I scanned the room to find a seat next to the cute blonde I saw before leaning against the motorbike. He was one of the people who were snickering.

I plopped down next to him at the back corner and the old hag finally resumed her teaching. I checked the room again but this time noticed Cameron sitting towards the middle of the classroom. He turned around and waved at me while I simply ignored him and turned to the cute guy.

"That was so funny!! Your seriously awesome if you stood up to that beast" he whisper shouted while holding his hand out in a high five gesture. I gave him a high five and laughed at his excited expression.

This morning I decided I'm going to try and make some friends because I know I'm going to be here for a while and for once I just want to meet some new people. That's why I'm not being my rude self towards strangers (except teachers) if you were wondering.

"I'm James!! What's your name cupcake?" He asked

"One, don't call me cupcake. And two, my name's Avery as you heard me say when I first walked in." I stated

He looked deep in thought then blushed at his stupidity.

"Oh yeah... I guess I forgot you already told us your name" he said while rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. I rolled my eyes at him.

"So do you wanna hang out with me and my friends at lunch?" Hmm, I have nothing to lose.

"Sure" I said while giving him a smile.

"WOOOO THE HOT NEW GIRL IS HANGING OUT WITH MEEEE" he screamed and the whole class turned to look at us.

I couldn't hold it in so I burst out laughing as did most of the class. James was standing on the desk, doing the Usain Bolt pose while we were all laughing at him. I noticed that the only people who weren't laughing was the teacher and Cameron. He was actually glaring right at James.

I wonder what his problem is?? After the laughter died down I grabbed James's sleeve and pulled him to his seat.

"JAMES!!" Oh crap here we go. "DETENTION AFTER SCHOOL!" The old hag bellowed.

James only grunted in response but when everyone turned around he looked at me and pouted. I giggled -yes,giggled!- at his face and ruffled his messy hair. He swatted my hand away and I laughed at him.

After that we both didn't really talk much only just winked at eachother or nudged eachother playfully.

Finally the bell rang and we all parted our ways.

***

The last two subjects went swiftly, with me introducing myself because i walked in late. I blame Facebook for that. I put all my stuff in my locker and made way to the canteen, following the other students.