22

Hey guys, being more active lately has made me realise how much I have missed writing and especially your support for this book. I can't wait to continue this journey with everyone and learn more about myself along the way.  Anyway, enjoy!!

Avery's POV-

Ryan was no longer in sight however there were clear footstep marks on the ground from where he'd been walking, it almost looked like he had purposely pressed his feet harder on the mud. Interesting.

After gaining some energy, I slowly began following the steps he made and continued my way back to the campsite. I must've been walking for hours because by the time I got back it was almost dark! The campsite had cute lights wrapped around the trees so it looked extra beautiful at night. As I walked towards our area, I thought about the argument again.

I couldn't believe what had happened in the forest! How did we end up getting into such a heated argument in the first place? Did I push my luck a bit too far? All these thoughts were making me dizzy, I shook my head and concentrated on what was important right now...I need to eat!

Even though I knew we were both at wrong, I couldn't help but internally blame myself even more. At least I found out how he really felt about me. This whole time I had feelings for someone, and it ended up being completely one-sided which is a first for me. Obviously.

I looked up when I realised I was finally back to our tent area and without thinking I scanned the place for Ryan, but he was nowhere to be seen. Stacey quickly ran towards me and pulled me for a deep hug to which I actually really needed right now. I hugged her back and the rest of the boys looked at me with relief that I was okay. After some time she pulled back and swatted my forehead.

"Ouch!" I pouted at her but she just shook her head.

"How could you be so reckless! You had me worried sick, I almost had a heart attack because of you! Silly girl"

"I'm sorry okay I didn't mean to worry you or anyone else. I'll be more careful next time-"

"NEXT TIME?! Sweetheart there's no next time for you, you're staying right here where I can keep my eyes on you. And don't forget, you're still grounded" She winked and walked away.

Wow, Stacey has a sassy side to her. I smiled at her retreating back. No wonder her sons are so full of it. I don't mind her behaviour towards me because she acts more like a mother than mine ever did. It's nice.

The rest of the family smiled warmly and Trevor called me over to where they were all sat around the fire, eating marshmallows on some wooden logs. My stomach rumbled as I grabbed some of the left over bbq and took a seat next to Jacob. He nudged me lightly.

"So you always manage to get yourself into some sort of trouble, aye?" Jacob smiled warmly.

"Can't stay away from it, can I?" I smiled back.

"Ryan went crazy when he didn't see you, I swear he was about to send a search party to find you." He laughed to himself.

I blinked a few times in shock and stared at Jacob in disbelief.

"Ryan... went crazy? Are you sure we're talking about the same guy." He grinned at my serious tone.

Why is this guy so happy!?

"Avery, come on, you know that basically everyone at school has a crush on you. Well except me, I mean your nice and all but I'm more into blondes myself to be honest. Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah! Did you seriously think my brothers wouldn't develop feelings for someone like you? Even Ryan." He snickered at my confused face and continued.